Good Morning people. It is a Thursday in the Realm, and the world is a-boil. My Keurig has delivered me a piping hot cup of coffee as I sit in my office nestled in between two stadiums and an arena at 0400. Save for the rumble of the occasional garbage truck speeding along First Avenue below me at around 45 mph, it is a calm, and quiet morning here in Seattle along the waterfront.
Here are the nine headlines that caught my eye this morning:
6. There is no longer a cohesive Republican party Politico OP-ED
DJ’s Stupid Commentary:
Remember, I haven’t actually read any of the stories attached to these headlines before I open my mouth and make an ass out of myself, or not. That’s what makes this fun, at least for me. Let’s see what I got wrong, shall we?
1. I tend to avoid these things. If he says anything even halfway important, I am sure we will hear about it.
It’s hard for me to focus on what Joe Biden is saying because his speech patterns bother me enough that I can’t focus on what he is saying. His stuttering doesn’t bother me. I get it. His impediment makes him speak in an odd cadence, with the occasional word / phrase substitution that can have some strange outcomes. I know a few people with speech impediments, and know how tough it is for them.
No, what bothers me about listening to Biden specifically is that he always seems to be shouting while trying to speak with several marbles in his mouth. Trump bothered me in a similar way, except in Trump’s case, almost everything that fell out of his neck was a demonstrable lie. Obama’s speech bothered me because he was always talking over a lot of people.
I always looked forward to hearing GW Bush speak. You could always count on a great new Bushism.
2. Welcome to cyber warfare. If you want to sway public opinion, it’s natural to flood social media platforms. Gee.
3. “The survey says…” Oh neat, a one-off poll is what will drive my decisions until the next poll comes out.
4. The Sky Is Falling! Last week there was a story about satellites will soon start falling out of the sky and killing people. If you live anywhere around birds, there is a good chance that someday you are going to get shit upon. The closer you are to seawater, the changes go up exponentially. So now, we can expect to be bombed with some potentially large packages if you shop through Amazon Pharmacy?
I love Amazon Pharmacy, by the way. If I were addicted to meth, I could have them deliver Desoxyn® right to my doorstep! Now a drone could bombard me with my crank as I walk out the door naked, sweating and in total paranoia mode. Ask me sometime about an old friend who burned down the rose bushes in front of his house one night because he thought the cops were hiding in them…
5. Gym Jordan does not unite. He divides. This has been his whole schtick his entire political career — to divide. Someone called him a “legislative terrorist”. Such people do not become Speaker in a House where Republicans have a very small margin of four votes. What makes this funny is that he lost more votes in the second round than the first. What makes this sad is that the Republican Party is no longer one cohesive party in reality, yet they are being treated as such in the House. At best, the Republican party has become a ‘coalition’ party of two warring factions.
6. This story probably backs up what I just said.
7. How can they? DeSantis keeps busing the migrants to New York City and Boston. LOL
8. “Hear me out…” Ted Nugent for Speaker of the House. Ozzy Osborne for Speaker of British Parliament. “Order… ORDERRRR! Oh bloody hell!”
9. My Three-Day Rule that I just made up: Upon first reporting of any major world event/tragedy, wait a full three days before flying off the handle and blaming someone. The initial reports are almost always going to be full of speculation and completely wrong.
The initial reports on this story had Israel attacking this Christian hospital in Northern Gaza, killing hundreds of people and injuring thousands. This caused worldwide anger and condemnation against Israel, causing a summit between the waring factions and the US to be abandoned and panned. Wait a few hours until the dust literally settles, and we find out that it was most likely a terrorist rocket that misfired and exploded over the parking lot of the hospital killing a lot of innocent human beings. I suppose one could be ‘charitable’ and say that it was a ‘misfire’ or ‘unintended’, but the cynic in me can speculate it being a ‘false flag’ event to prevent a peace summit.
For the past few years I’ve usually waited a day or two before I opine about a major news event, such as a shooting or attack, or something like that. Otherwise, I’d be sitting here looking even more stupid than usual, right?
10. This was late-breaking, just before I posted this. This headline I cheated on — I read it first.
While this may sound like a devastating blow to Trump’s defense in his RICO case in Georgia, we are talking about bat-shit crazy Sidney Powell. Any defense attorney would automatically try to impeach the witness. The problem is, Trump shares the same craziness. We’ll see.
It will be interesting to check out his TruthSocial thing…
The Views You Can’t Argue With:
Okay, yeah, you could, if you were being an asshole. I’m just trying to provide some interesting content here with a bit of humor, since Management™ is off hosing the pooch. I was going to post this yesterday morning when I took them, but Life Interruptus.
Here is a view from the roof of my office:
What did I just watch?
I watched season one several months ago and it was good. Season two just dropped, so I thought I would start it all over again.
From the Meme Box this morning:
The Art of the Plea Deal
If this is you… Go find something else to do:
This last one is supposedly true. The people who like and back Trump the most are the ones he hates the most. Sidney Powell, Mike Lindell, even Rudy Giuliani. But he also dislikes the average Joe, even though he may send Trump $25 every now and then…
We live in strange times.
Oh well, have a great day.