All Hail the Obamessiah Age of Plenty

Just a point of order to keep you updated on what’s going on in the ever more infrequently spotted Imperial Self’s life.

It just turned out that Teh One’s lightworking skills finally managed to have an impact on our employer’s business as well. Not surprisingly, really, when you consider that the sum of his skills is an ability to make the DOW drop by 500 every time he opens his ignorant, Marxist pie hole, I know a lot of y’all are already dealing with the ramifications of this.

But we’ve just learned that our bosses have finally found themselves forced to get while the going is good and that our business is about to be sold out from under our feet which, understandably, leaves all of us in the dark as to what the future might hold.

So, while we start looking for overpasses to sleep under, we just want to thank, on behalf of ourself and our two small children, all of the drooling “52”ers once more for the Hell that their imbecility and ignorance has consigned us and millions of our countrymen to, all of which ought to go hunting for the little socialist bitches, killing them on sight to keep them from procreating their sub-retardedness any further.

Unlike you, we’re not daft enough to think that your Messiah is going to show up on our doorstep with a huge bag of money and a couple of unicorns in tow, because we reside in the real world.

We just want you to know, every single one of you who voted for that sack of shit, that we have a very, very long memory and that we fully intend to show the full extent of our gratitude for your wise decision to you. Personally. We’re not going to forget, much less forgive.

As to everything else, we’re just not in the mood. A mood, to be sure, but for now we’ll just content ourself with thanking Teh One for his many blessings.

LC Anniee451 says:

Well I wouldn’t have linked it especially EXCEPT for the fact that GarawfulHo is only saying the SAME thing that even liberals who call themselves mainstream is saying. It’s the same exact thing I’m seeing everywhere on the left, even the “moderate” left, as they think of themselves. They don’t even understand that they’re expressing the most racist, hate-filled, misogynist, anti-human sentiments that anyone could even imagine (they think it’s Ann Coulter that does that) but they’re all DOING it.

If it hadn’t become the mainstream view I don’t think I’d have linked it. It really is just a perfect example of what these bitter, angry, hate-filled people are actually thinking, and they are absolutely as pissed as we are, as unforgiving, as much in hate with us as we are with them…and I don’t think they’re going to forget either. It’s the only thing they know how to do well.

It’s only going to be brave people like the rottweilers who can ever last in the long run with that on the other side and in power.

LC Anniee451 sez:

I think they’re mad that they and their giant puppet protests during the last 8 years didn’t have the same effect that it did in the 60’s….that they weren’t accepted as a coherent voice. I participated in a few counter protests and waved a flag in their faces and the absolute hate and contempt in their eyes would have been frightening if they had had anything to back it up with….

Everywhere, they were met with counter protests, look at what happened to code pink…..BTW where are THEY now? I believe that Americans are waking up, and starting to see the threat that these people pose to this nation and to people they disagree with. They won’t suppress us with violence or outright confrontation, they’ll do it through agencies like the IRS and Homeland Security…those will be the swords they wield.

After watching that, I find myself wanting them to come for my guns…..such a twisted mind-set would do Satan proud. I think Annie hit in on the head, ruling is not enough. They wish to utterly smash, humiliate, grind into the dirt any opposition. They have never taken on folks like us, though, without cops on hand to protect them. They remain the most hateful,cowardly animals, preferring to murder by serrogate, say in an abortion clinic, for example. It will be very, very easy for me so sight in, hold and squeeze…..I’m actually smiling as I type that……. My feeling? If they start it…..Don’t stop, no quarter or mercy, until every last one has been exterminated, like vermin. My apologies to the rats. :em96:

Jaybear, Colonel of Imperial Ancient Artillery @:

Leave your drivers license at home if you attend a tea party in the future

Each time I’ve confronted Cope Punk with the Eagles, I’ve sheepdipped myself before going out. Left everything in my hotel room except the room key, the key to my luggage (in which I locked everything else), and a few dollars of “emergency transport” money. If I need identifying, they can ask me or my dental records.

Sorry folks, but my trustometer is knocking on zero.

LC Anniee451 says:

Caveman :em04:

Jaybear, Colonel of Imperial Ancient Artillery @:

You did? That’s really pretty awesome. Admittedly I was too young for that lol – my parents were liberals but not hippies, though I did see many hippies as a child. I didn’t come to conservative libertarianism until I was an adult, either. Hell, I went to grammar school in the 70s and don’t you know that by then the hippies and feminists were some of my *teachers* – occupying from the inside and all. But knowing that people here faced down the wacko hippies is very very comforting, especially now.

It’s pretty scary to note that each day notes a new hundreds of billions in spending – it’s the archetypical Cloward-Piven strategy – overburden the bureaucracy on purpose with impossible demands in order to bring down the free market altogether. It’s really diabolical, and it’s going to work. I wasn’t sure Obama wasn’t maybe just stupid or a total puppet or whether he was evil; reading that and how thoroughly he’s engaging in it at this moment, and from his first moment in power? It’s the latter. That isn’t stupid.

Well I shouldn’t depress myself further; it’s all going to be depressing enough. But thanks for telling us that; it’s genuinely cool. :em03:

LC Anniee451 says:

Oh wait, I had a question – were they really seen as an alternative voice by the adults? The hippies I mean? I mean, the movement had no economic base and was doomed to crumble, being later attended to only by Alinsky-ite occupiers (who have done a fair job of taking over the educational institutions and the media, so they deserve that credit, culminating in this madness) and I had thought they were largely regarded as fools. But I guess maybe they weren’t? I mean if they were able to take over so well, I guess someone thought they were an alternative. How sick. Just picking your brain since you were there and now here 🙂

Why apologize, Jaybear? Hell, I’d be right there with you. My constraints regarding these scumbags and treatment of the same is strictly legal, not ethical. I’m sure you understand. They would find themselves astonished at the hatred they have generated in others for destroying everything good and meaningful in life. If TSHTF there won’t be much law enforcement, no mail service, you will live on what you have along with the help of friends and family, sharing with them as they do with you for OUR common good. Meaning those like us.
    I trust very few now, holding my cards close, maintaining my stockpiles, and sadly, realizing what I may be forced to do one day……
    Those in power will seek to quell resistance, and even a SWAT team may find itself seeking refuge before an enraged populace. For these people simply do not understand, and resist comprehending, how we truly feel about them. If I had been told to fire on innocent civilians when I was in….I would have deserted, or turned on those giving the orders. I hate saying that, with all my being, but it is true.
    I’ve already reached the point this house of cards we live in is going to come crashing down. I’m not sure I even expect to survive it. I do expect to have a great deal of company if I do not…….for I WILL NEVER submit to these roaches. I lack the words to describe the utter disgust, contempt and revulsion I feel towards them. It makes my spirit retch. We are ahead in the game, I do see others saying things like needing a gun, or trying to generally get their ducks in a row. As I told my wife…..and I am deadly serious, I would rather see this end completely and irrevocably than leave them in power……

LC Anniee451 says:

Caveman – wow, what inspiration I get here; how can it be explained?

That’s why – knowing that we will have company on this brutal journey to bring down our lives and their bases, is comforting. Knowing that when it hits the fan we may not see one another but will know that we are all resisting – yeah, that. If it comes down to “The Chair is Against the Wall. John has a Brown Mustache” and we’ll raise our fists and say “The Rottweilers!” (like the Wolverines, only real) and all the founders’ words that are on our lips and in our hearts – that’s what we need to survive or go down fighting. They do not know what sleeping giant they awake. And while that kind of sounds like I’m glamorizing anything, I’m not – this is what lives in the hearts of True Americans and always has.

Now who is taking all of this down for our posterity, because the people here are such an inspiration and the net is such a flakey kind of thing in the end…(and now I understand why y’all love DJ even if he makes you mad; preserving a place like this is of great value. Jeesh; talk about having a thick head.)

LC Anniee451 sez:

I better clarify Annie, I didn’t counter protest in the 60’s….I was way too young, I did my counter protesting during the last 8 years.

sorry about the confusion, I’m still doped up on cold meds and not thinking too clearly

LC Anniee451 says:

Oops – Rurik, I like what you said about lead. I don’t know if there’s a scarcity (can you tell I’m not a miner?) but yeah, it will probably be more valuable in the near future. Excellent point.

LC Anniee451 says:

Ahhhh; ok, a ProtestWarrior kinda guy; that works, too, Jaybear 🙂 Good on you! I wish I knew what had become of the ProtestWarriors; their forums have been down a long time and they sold out their store.

LC HJ Caveman82952 @:
    Jaybear, Colonel of Imperial Ancient Artillery @:
    LC Anniee451 @:

Let’s take this business about shootingat civilians in context. I was in Viet Nam at the time of Kent State; and when we were told about it, my entire company (both the Bros and the Rabbits) cheered. Then we started asking questions – “Why were there only four dead? Can’t the Guard shoot?” This was one very real factor in my decision, after I got back from Nam and was discharged to volunteer for the Texas National Guard.

What the troops will do, will very much depend on the circumstances, on the character of the particular military unit, and of the particular crowd. I don’t see the National Guard firing on ordinary middle class housewives and truckdriver husbands. An angry mob wearing white sheets could be a different matter, or a bunch of nasty rasta-ass mo-fos.

Annie…., I feel the way I do for if everything I hold dear is taken from me, what have I to lose? I’ve lived most of my life, watched this country change, not liking most of what I saw. I do expect many folks of the leftist pursuasion will fear us, they buying guns as well. They might be a little late, I found no ammo at Wal-Mart Saturday I could use. But most of them will depend on the government, as is their nature. The urban centers would become snake pits. But as for knowing how to use them competently, perhaps another story. They are not a talisman. They are a weapon, they can protect, they can defend, they can maim, intimidate and kill, but do nothing by themselves. I don’t plan on starting anything with anyone. Yet….if forced……
    I have seen far too much taken from too many, given to the undeserving and undisciplined by those refusing to give of themselves, preferring to demand it from others.
    No more…..and we do outnumber them greatly. I too, sense an epiphany in the people, things are not quite as they seem. Rather than attack them overtly for their choices I seek to feed their doubts. That will rot the guts out of resolve quite well. Now when I hear of Mr. Brown and Mr. Obama getting together to talk of a global new deal…..it all leads to gun confiscation, be it through the UN, treaties or other attempts to subjugate our Constitution to international law. Let’s keep out eyes on the ball.
    I say fuck them! I may be simply too busy doing what I signed on to do, protect my wife and daughter, see to their well being as best I can.

Princess Natasha, Uber-Whore of Zion says:

The thing with hippies and other “progressives” is that they are total and absolute conformists, despite their posturing to the contrary. Notice how they only attack things that are safe to attack. Notice also that there is nothing really new or revolutionary about their “ideas”, just boring, worn-out, old formulae they keep parroting. Also notice that should anyone dare to disagree with them, they freak out like a pack of harpies on crack. Everything about leftist “movement” is fake, droll, unoriginal and utterly stupid.

LC Rurik sez:

I was a sophomore in high school and remember watching it on the news. I lived 11 miles east of Boulder Colorado and that place just erupted in demonstrations and vandalism. I never ever supported the anti-war demonstrators although I had hair past my shoulders and smoked my share of dope…..there was just something about them that I found repulsive and disingenuous, I just never trusted them and still don’t.

LC Rurik sez:

I’m friendly with some Guard members, as well as some regular Army types from my days working with the DoD. To be honest, any armed insurrection that faces off against our military will lose….no question about it, they have the assets and we don’t. I don’t want to go up against our military, I love them and back them 100%.

If the takeover of this country comes, it will be through more subtle means. It will come through regulation and over taxation of those things that any revolution needs to get off the ground…make ammo and gasoline and guns so pricey that the normal blue collar guy can’t afford them and you got him beat. If anyone raises hell in a public forum about what is going on, sick the IRS on them and audit them into silence. If there are broadcast or web outlets that “belong” to the opposition, silence them through legal threats to the carriers…..in the name of broadcast fairness.

That will be how it happens

LC Anniee451 says:

LC Rurik @:

Wow, Rurik, thanks for that response. I was raised on the “4 Dead In Ohio” shitstains and never understood until way later, when I asked the same question you did – WHY were there only 4 dead? They burned down an ROTC building and attacked the National Guard, um, what? I didn’t find that out until nigh about ten years ago. It’s covered over in the mystique of this authoritarian government shooting unarmed civilians shit, which we are told as canon. How do they get away with that shit? It’s lunacy.

Jaybear and Caveman, you guys are really on a hell of a roll. I bow to your superior knowledge! :em58:

You too, Natasha – well stated. If no one saw it, GarawfulHo states in that thing that conservative women (as well as people of color) are all Eva Braun/Squeaky Fromme types with Stockholm syndrome. Which means 1. They never get to lecture me on being racist/misogynist, EVER and 2. I sure as fuck would rather know these Eva Braun/Squeaky Fromme types (how the hell one could include Condi Rice in there I’ll never know) than I would them, and that’s a fact.

That will be how it happens

It would appear it has already begun, Jaybear.
    They are already encountering great resistance.
    A military response would spook the populace.
    It will be interesting to see the response of the American people, to financial blackmail, for in that response we will define our fate as a nation.

LC Anniee451 sez:

awwww cut it out Annie, my head is swollen enough with mucous from this cold I got. Besides, you post your share of intellectual gold on this site….pat yourself on the back as well.

LC Anniee451 sez:

The week before, when I was absent from the Rottie, I was on the road, visiting a friend in Lafayette, and then swinging by to indulge a pesonal air museum fetish in Pensacola. In Lafayette, I made a point of reconning the local gun and sports shops, and even the pawn shops. Shelves are bare. No serious guns, either hand or long, to be found, and ammo situation is even worse. Dealers don’t even have any idea when they might see more. a few odd-caliber, plinking rounds. And I cannot see going into a fight equipped with airsoft or paintball. Nothing in a comfortable 762 or 556 caliber. Nothing in a 357 or anything starting with a 4. Yes, there is a real shortage of lead. In some parts of the country I’d say it has reached critical status. :em96: OTOH, I know that if I last long enough, there will be a lot of unused lead left lying about by ex-gangbangers, gone to join the choir invisible. :em01:

Amen Rurik…..I stared with disbelief at empty shelves, thanking God for what I had at home in my gunsafe. They had some .22 longs and some .308. There were cases of number seven and a half and eight twelve gauge shot. Nothing else. Maybe some weird calibers I’ve never heard of, I don’t know. I’m not an expert on guns. So some ammo, good luck finding a gun to put it in, though…
    Fortunately, the vast majority of my friends have already saved their nuts for the winter, cautious souls we are…..any gangbangers will be fair game during civil unrest. You can bet they will see you that way. Always wanted an AK…..and if they run out of ammo before you do…..well, lifes a bitch sometimes.

LC Anniee451 says:

Gotcha Jaybear, thanks :em02: (Is that something we have in common here – swelled heads? I get that too 😀 )

Rurik…that’s really disturbing. What’s CAUSING it, or is it the recent explosion of sales? Why aren’t they restocking? I haven’t been into our local gun shop recently, but I will make it a point to stop there this week and report to you whether or not they are having that problem. They don’t sell guns or ammo elsewhere here.

Jaybear, Colonel of Imperial Ancient Artillery @:

I agree with that totally. On the basis of other research and professional contacts I completely agree. The equipment they have now is light years beyond what was used in my day. If the military is on the other side, we will be screwed, blued, and tattooed. In point of fact, there are many in the military who will not be on the other side; I think we have heard eloquently from Princess Natasha. I hope that our military will prove to be overwhelmingly on our side. Some units could split. or even go the wrong way. Things could evolve after the first incidents.

I try to take my examples from history. In March 1917, at the beginning of the first Russian revolution, the army (mainly second line depot units) fired on the crowds of Russian demonstrators, but then went back to their barracks and agreed they would not do so again. Within a week Russia had an ex-Tsar.
    In August 1991 the Politburo Extraordinary Committee ordered the military to arrest Yeltsin and disperse the Muscovite mobs. Both Generals and soldiers refused, some stalling and obstructing, and other simply defying. To my surprise (and the Politburo’s too) this included even the elite KGB Alfa Spetsnaz squad, presumed to be the most reliable of the most reliable. And thus died the Soviet Union.

I predict sopmethng similar could happen to us. If a few brave citizens refuse to budge, even at the price of watering the tree of liberty with their own blood, the army would rally. If i am wrong, and the Army has changed that much that hey have become unthinking jannisaries, more’s the tough shit for me and the rest of the country. But regardless, I WILL NOT, be assimilated. Resistance is not futile.

LC Anniee451 @:

You could call it a “leading political indicator”. Of course the dealers would love to restock and sell more ammo if they could. Even moreso considering what prices have been doing lately. But if they can’t get, neither can we. People are buying it up as it apears. I have heard a rumor (unconfirmed to me) of a Russian cargo ship loaded with commercial ammunition in 762 and 556 flavors turning back half way across the ocean – but that is unconfirmed, and I do not even know which ocean. In some areas (such as my own) the situation is not yet as bad as it is elsewhere.

emily_nelson says:

LC Anniee451 @ wrote:

“what’s a cockle?”

a ventricle.

Leave your drivers license at home if you attend a tea party in the future

as a public service i would like to warn everyone when dealing with rfid enhanced items to be very carefull with them. if you should accidently place said item in a microwave it may damage the circuits and render them useless. when real id comes to your state remember, never try to dry your drivers license in the microwave. if you should make this common mistake the state will no longer be able to moniter your movements from a distance.

Re: gold/silver, etc. Christians who believe in the end times may remember a song about the rapture:

From Larry Norman (and sung by DC Talk, IIRC):

Life was filled with guns and war
    And everyone got trampled on the floor.
    I wish we’d all been ready.
    Children died, the days grew cold,
    A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold.
    I wish we’d all been ready.
    There’s no time to change your mind,
    The Son has come and you’ve been left behind.

A man and wife asleep in bed,
    She hears a noise, she turns her head, he’s gone!
    I wish we’d all been ready.
    Two men walking up a hill,
    One disappears and one’s left standing still.
    I wish we’d all been ready.
    There’s no time to change your mind,
    The Son has come and you’ve been left behind.

There’s no time to change your mind.
    How could you have been so blind?
    The Father spoke, the demons dined,
    The Son has come and you’ve been left behind.
    You’ve been left behind
    You’ve been left behind!

LC SkyeChild G.L.O.R., Imperial Grammar Hun sez:
    From Larry Norman (and sung by DC Talk, IIRC):
    Life was filled with guns and war
    And everyone got trampled on the floor.
    I wish we’d all been ready.
    Children died, the days grew cold,
    A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold.
    I wish we’d all been ready.
    There’s no time to change your mind,
    The Son has come and you’ve been left behind.
    A man and wife asleep in bed,
    She hears a noise, she turns her head, he’s gone!
    I wish we’d all been ready.
    Two men walking up a hill,
    One disappears and one’s left standing still.
    I wish we’d all been ready.
    There’s no time to change your mind,
    The Son has come and you’ve been left behind.
    There’s no time to change your mind.
    How could you have been so blind?
    The Father spoke, the demons dined,
    The Son has come and you’ve been left behind.
    You’ve been left behind
    You’ve been left behind!

I’d say that food will likely be the more important commodity. You can’t eat gold.

Sorry for the double post. Edit didn’t seem to work correctly

What hasn’t been mentioned to any great degree is the resulting civil unrest or rioting due to oppressive government policies or economic disaster. Or both. Which remains my greatest reason for gun ownership. The military is disciplined and largely honorable, yet they had a hell of a time dealing with rioters. Well, how about guerrilla warfare? I would expect gangbangers and such to use it, and it does work quite well, requiring a change in tactics and deployment. In a population such as ours, highly diverse, perhaps a nightmare. But in the event of civil unrest I wish to be able to hole up here at home and defend it if necessary. For in truth it’s the lowlifes that concern me the most, those that would take my stores, kill me, my family or friends, rape my daughter or wife, suicide by any other name in my book. They remain my greatest concern…….for to have to watch this, helpless, would be a fate far worse than death. :em96:

Darth Bacon says:

“52?ers

Fiddytooers™ is my term for those greedy halfwits.

LC hilljohnny sez:

Any warnings for RFID Tolltags, or GPS-enabled cell-phones, or mandatory GPS units on new vehicles (when they begin taxing everyone “by the mile”)?

Skye

Christians who believe in the end times may remember a song about the rapture

It seems funny that you should state it that way. Shouldn’t all Christians believe in the end times, and the Rapture?

With Chimpbama now discussing the Worldwide New Deal with euroweenies, I believe that we may be nearing the call of “come up hither” soon.

For all the Rotties who are not saved – if, just if, you wake up one morning and the news reports mysterious mass vanishings or “deaths,” then you may want to reconsider your current belief system. It may sound “crazy” … but damn, there’s a whole lot of crazy things in the news these days that I never would’ve imagined could happen.

penitentman says:

Perhaps we “48’s” can help each other out in this time of crisis.
    If any of us are in the position of owning a business or are in the hiring/firing department of a business, maybe we can try to make sure anyone hired is one of us of a conservative leaning rather than one of the liberal nutbags who got us into this mess. If employees need to be trimmed from the payroll, we could try to make sure ‘they’ go first.
    If anyone out there is in any position to help out another patriot (or, conversely, stick it to the opposition) we should make that extra effort to do so.
    When I floated this idea to some friends, I received a few “that can’t be done because of discrimination laws” rebuttals. My answer was “if person ‘A’, whom you want to hire is less qualified than person ‘B’, whom you don’t want, the answer to any questions as to why a less qualified person was hired would be “they presented themselves much better in the personal interview, they seemed to more of a team player and would be a better asset to the company.”
    If we as a people are going to suffer because of Teh One and his gang of fools, we should at least let teh ones responsible enjoy it as much (or more!) than we do.

LC Anniee451 says:

BigDogg

I will second that. I love the Rotties a lot better than my own brother (you’d know why if you met him or my parents, trust me) and I would say exactly the same thing. God bless you ALL.

BigDogg sez:

I’m a believer, though I don’t think I lead anywhere near the life necessary to be one of the raptured….but I have considered this also, given what is happening. I discounted all the things said about obama being the anti-christ as just hysterics, but man oh man….when you look at the worldwide idolatry and literal worship being heaped on the altar of obama it certainly gives you pause.

BigDogg sez:

tolltags and cellphones are easy, dont buy them. i have heard the proposed “by the mile tax” unit would read at the pump. i suppose some people might install an oversized tank on a vehical that would see little use and syphon to their higher road use vehicals.

LC FreedomFighter says:

My heart and prayers are with you and your family. May souls of former patriots guide your way to better fortune.

They put an RFID chip in my driver’s license…it’s coming out. Period. Even if I have to find someone to hack it.

Jaybear,

I don’t believe Bambi is the antichrist. I believe that the AC is supposed to usher in three and a half years of prosperity and world peace, and will fool Christians as well as non-believers. There are far too many Christians who see “the messiah” for what he really is.

BigDogg,

I have met Christians who don’t believe in the Rapture. And another equally fascinating debate is pre-trib, mid-trib, and post-trib Rapture. I tend to want pre- myself. 😎

LC SkyeChild G.L.O.R., Imperial Grammar Hun sez:

I don’t believe Bambi is the antichrist.

I discount it myself Skye, I just find the slobbering masses and media kissing his feet kind of disconcerting. Isn’t there a commandment that says “Thou shalt not worship false idols”???

Gotta agree with ya on that one, Jay. Fortunately, he’s losing some of his appeal overseas. Dinnerjacket doesn’t like him much, and even Chavez is coming out against him. AND, according to the Times Online, support for a two-state Israel solution is waning…on both sides.

I guess he really isn’t the messiah. Surprise, surprise.

Just contemplate his secret academic record, and reiew what we know of his career history and accomplishments. BO is not so much a false idol as he is a false idle. He’s too damn lazy for any anti-Christing. Even if he is nasty and treacherous enough.

Ogrrre says:

LC Rurik @:

I don’t have your and the Emperor’s faith in the military, Rurik. During WW1, the soldiers who went to fight were promised a bonus after the war. Directly after WW1 the country entered a severe recession. A large group of former soldiers went to Washington DC to petition the government for the bonuses that the government had promised them. These men were ordinary middle class farmers and factory workers and husbands. The President of the United States ordered the military to forcibly remove these people. The military, instead of refusing an unlawful order opened fire on the former soldiers. The leaders of the military forces were Lieutenants Dwight David Eisenhower and George S. Patton. These soldiers had also sworn to protect and defend the Constitution “against all enemies, foreign and domestic”.
    And, before you say, “that was then, this is now,” remember New Orleans right after Hurricane Katrina, when National Guardsmen and local cops were forcibly confiscating firearms from homeowners.
    No, I have little to no faith in either the military or the police to follow the Constitution and take their oaths seriously.

sig94 says:

Ogrrre @:

I agree. The young people of today have little notion of history, what made our country what it is.

While getting coffee at work this morning I overheard a small group of cops talking about 2nd Amendment rights. There was derision and contempt in their voices. Apparently they feel that only they and no one else is capable or competent enough to use a firearm. The arrogance in their attitude was plain and they were all young – under 30.

Funny, but years ago we used to hope that people would shoot robbers/burglars caught in their homes so we wouldn’t have to go before a grand jury if we shot them.

This is not good.

Kenashimame says:

Ogrrre @ 92:

There’s a little more to the story, but I’m not sure if it doesn’t reinforce your point.

That little fiasco with the “Bonus Army” was headed up by a Col. Douglas MacArthur, who actually exceeded his orders in regards to dealing with the marchers. It caused a huge political fallout for the President, Hoover, who accepted responsibility for MacArthur’s actions as CIC.

Now the Bonus Army was marching to try and get a pre-payment on their bonus which was to be doled out over time, but as this was the start of the Depression they were looking to get a handout.

TANSTAAFL says:

emily_nelson @:

I thought it was what Molly Malone was selling, in addition to mussles.

Well, well … the HopeandChange mojo just keeps trucking along … DJIA headed for sub-6000, and Chimpbama adds Putin to the list of those who’ve told him “fuck off.”

TANSTAAFL says:

PS: I am pretty sure that the commander of those troops afrer WWI was then Army Chief of Staff Douglas MacArthur.

Ogrrre says:

Kenashimame and TANSTAAFL, I forgot about ol’ Douggie. But Eisenhower and Patton were right in there with him, and they and their troops fired on American civilians.

but as this was the start of the Depression they were looking to get a handout.

Not a handout, as at this time America had not yet developed the Entitlement mindset, but as the first part of your sentence said, a pre-payment or advance payment on the Bonus the government had promised them for fighting in the War. They were trying to keep their homes, farms and businesses, and they had EARNED that bonus.

BigDogg sez:

Apparently, he has basically snubbed Gordon Brown, as well.

I had to chuckle at this line:

He is desperate for some of Mr Obama’s political magic to rub off on his battered leadership and hopes that images of him alongside the new president will boost his image.

Obama really DOES think it’s all about HIM, doesn’t he?

And, apparently, Brown think it’s all about Bambi, as well.

Kenashimame says:

Ogrrre @:
    But they were looking to get the money ahead of schedule. I think under the original plan the final payments were due somewhere between ’38 and ’41. The Bonus Army was marching in ’30-’31