A New Addition To The Family

We’d like to introduce someone who, in her very short time as a member of the family, has endeared herself to anyone and everyone who has come into contact with her*. We’re sure that she will only become even more of a beloved fixture as the years go by. So, without further ado, we’d like everyone to say “Hello!” to Heidi.

heidi01

F.E.T.E.

LC Aggie Sith, a goddess, only different.... says:

YEOW!!!!!

That’s gonna leave a mark–er, a bunch of holes.

Congratulations to the dad!!!!

Ten-Ten says:

BC,

That’s just like a real firearm, only plastic. :em95:

LC Old Dog says:

Gonna play some “Glock and Roll” I guess. Nice music! :em01:

Ten, I’ll ask the first goblin who meets Heidi (Cthulu forbid she ever has to reach out and say “Hi!” to one.) if he minds that the large holes ventilating his body were created by a “plastic” gun.

Old smart ass Instructor to class question……

Whats the best gun in the WORLD?

Answer: The one that goes bang when you pull the trigger.

What are the two loudest noises in the world?

The “click” sound when expecting a “bang”, and the “bang” sound when its supposed to go “click”.

LC Old Dog says:

Troy,
    Alternate Correct Answer, The one I have with me!

L.C. Mope, Imperial Offsetter says:

Ten, I’ll ask the first goblin who meets Heidi

“Heidi Ho, Moe!”

Hi Heidi. I’m a friendly. Welcome to the Rott. Lots of guns here for you to talk to, share stories about gun stuff. And keep an eye on BC, he gets kinda’ crazy from time to time……

americanexpat says:

Have to ask. Model 19 or Model 23? Can’t see from the photo. I carried the 19 in the ‘Stan, and loved it, but would have preferred the larger .40 round of the 23. But the 9-mm 19 was just fine, especially that first round–same trigger pull as the other 15 (one up the pipe plus 15 in the mag). Nothing fancy, tritium sights were the only extra. But I hit what I aimed at, consistently. (I had retired from the service (reserves) by then and was over there in a civilian capacity. Yes, we all carried. I don’t know if that’s changed in the almost 2 years since I left, but I don’t see any reason that it should have).

And I see you got the speedloader with it. You’ll be glad of that if you load the magazines to capacity, especially if you shoot a lot. Those springs get don’t get tired at the end of the day, but your thumbs sure do. At least mine do.

expat,

Have to ask. Model 19 or Model 23?

21 (.45 ACP w/night sights, 13+1)

Hellooooo Heidi!

Thumper says “Hello” as well.

“Heidi says H’lo!,,, ready to say G’bye?”

Outstanding insurance policy upgrade Bro’!

May she only bark for fun, never for duty.

LC FORGER says:

.45 ACP… Accept no substitutes.

Heidi’s older, Tritium sighted sister.

I used to have a P90. I traded it for my Combat Tupperware. Best trade I ever made. The G21 shoots a 100 times better than the P90. I used to think putting all of them inside a paper plate was good enough. Now I put ’em all in the space of a Pringle’s can lid.

:em01: :em01: :em01: :em99: :em99: :em99:

LC FORGER says:

B.C., that’s a one-off custom job. I’m sure you can find one to go on that fancy-nancy accessory rail Heidi’s got…

…smart-ass….

Have fun, but make sure to aim right :em96:

HoundOfDoom says:

Nice piece.

What’s with the warning sticker on the clip?

‘Warning, junk like this on the mag may cause it to not drop?’

Where are you going for the holster?

What’s with the warning sticker on the clip?

OK, sorry Hound, but major pet peeve of mine (instructor coming out), it’s a fucking MAGAZINE! Clips are devices which load ammunition into a magazine, magazines feed ammo into the action of the weapon. Every time I hear the word “clip” used to refer to a magazine, it reminds me of hoplophobic ignorant MSM idiots who don’t know a muzzle from their anus. “High powered assault pistols with high capacity clips” etc.

Now, as to BC’s baby, Heidi is a proper Austrian name for a fine piece of Austrian combat tupperware. If’n ya want a custom trigger job on her, don’t take much. Let me know. Glad to see yer post BC, IYKWIM.

Imperial Librarian Azygos says:

Crunch,

A little refresher dissident frogman

AF Blue vet says:

Guten Abend, Fraulein Heidi!

What’s the price of .45ACP down there? I haven’t a .45, but any good JHP 9mm or .357 ammo up here is silly expensive – that’s when I can get any…

NevadaDailySteve, Imperial Scrivener says:

B.C., Imperial Torturer™ @:Forger, I’ve never seen a pistol with a bayonet attached to it! Where can I get one?

B.C., If’n y’all really and truly want one why just mosey on over here

I remember seeing an old flintlock pistol with a bayonet on it but back then it took a considerable amount of time to reload after only one shot. Kind of made sense then. I’m not so sure about now, pistols can be reloaded in just seconds and they have considerably more than one shot available without reloading.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Nice to meetcha Heidi!

NevadaDailySteve, Imperial Scrivener says:

Here’s something along the lines of what I remember seeing. here.

Crunchie said:

Which is exactly why I chose the name. :em93: (It’s also a homonym for “hidey“, since it’s going to be my primary CCW. At least until I either A) win the lottery that I never play or B) find out that a long-lost relative has died and left me a nice chunk o’ change and I can buy something more exotic and concealable.)

Glad to see yer post BC, IYKWIM.

IKWYM. Come up on Yoohoo later on and I’ll give ya’ the latest 4-1-1, brudda. (Or call me on the Imperial Alert Phone™.)

warthog says:

I’m probably not going to make many friends with this but….

LC akornzombie says:

She’s cute, BC.

That reminds me. Tomorrow I’m gona have to take pics of the newest addition to my family, Shiva, my Rifle 2, 7.62mm Nato.

warthog sez:

I’m probably not going to make many friends with this but….

didn’t piss me off a bit Warthog. Glocks don’t fit me either, I’m far from being one of the resident gun experts here but I never liked the feel of them, a shooting buddy of mine swears by them and shoots like a pro with them….but not me. My Kimber Classic 45 fits me like a glove though…..and I do ‘jest fine with it

Nice Bang Stick there B.C.! She’s puuuurty. :em93:

The first 9 I shot was a Glock that we rented at the range for me to try out. Didn’t care for it, for the reason that seems to be the main gripe when one talks about em. The grip angle just didn’t feel good, and I couldn’t get comfortable with it. Of course that’s why I fell in love with my XD. It just fit good.

Now if I can just bond with my Kimber, I’ll be golden. :em98:

LC Mrs. M-ITT™-Imperial Sniper @:

Uh… Mrs. M? If you cant “bond” with your Kimber I’ll gladly adopt or provide a foster home for the poor thing. It’ll be tight but Im sure we can find room.

I never worried too much about bulls eye accuracy when training to combat shoot. My philosophy was to create mutiple seperate wound channels to incapacitate the goblin quicker. This is not to say I am unfamilar with the old traditional “failure drill” of two center mass (brief pause for assesment) and one to the melon. See a funny thing happens when you shoot somebody…. normally they start to run…. instant incapacitation is a rarity, given that us good guys normally start playing catch up on the ODAA loop.

I also carry a XD 40 full size, really like that handgun, as has been mentioned guns have a “fit”, and that Springfield works for me.

LC Proud Infidel says:

I’m love my XD45, 13 round mag, and it’s 45ACP!!! :em03: I usually carry my Taurus PT1911 in the summer, but hey, the XD45 kicks like a 9mm or .380, I can knock down a bowling pin with her at up to 50M!!

LC Stargazer says:

Glocks are good machines, and very reliable (I’ve got a 27). But you have to go with what works for you.

LC Old Dog says:

Several people have hit on the salient point, there is no “One Gun for All”. Some are going to love their Glock and some will hate it.

Some will love their 1911 and others will hate it.

Some will love their XD and others will hate it.

The key is don’t knock the gun unless there is a real problem with it. “I don’t like it because is does not fit me” is not a knock on the Gun. It’s a comment on the Gun’s ergonomics.

“Damn thing jams every third shot”, is a knock on the Gun.

Glock is a fine weapon, I would not own one on a bet! I gave my Daughter the money to buy a Glock because it fit her!

Let peace rain upon the Empire because you really don’t want to piss us off! :em01:

Slightly to the right of Gingis Khan says:

Old Dog has it right, everyone has to find the right weapon for him/herself.

My carry weapons are a 1911A1 Springfield and a compact 38 special S&W revolver. Wifey refuses to give up her Sig.

Just this week I laid my hands on a Mauser 98 (payment for a photo shoot) I know many folks who would turn their noses up at it…… but not me. I’ve got the bolt bent and the stock cut already. Once I get the scope on, have it shined up nice and pretty and all shot in I’ll post some pictures of it.

You know..,if you let that go to full gestation…you’ll get an HK. :em02:

LC BU1 IMotBP says:

Hello Heidi.

And while I’m at it I guess this might be a good place to post an introduction of my own.

The new edition to my own family. She is unnamed as yet. Don’t worry though, I do still cuddle her often. I’d be happy to hear any fitting name suggestions for a beautiful Russian lady.

Wreckerboy says:

LC BU1 IMotBP sez:

Hello Heidi.

How about “Kalinka”, the Russian folk song adopted by their tankers in WW2 ?? Seems fitting as a tanker developed her.
    And as to what I like, still love my SIG 226, now 226A, Damn Billary, Glocks are good but they just don’t fit my hands right. The Markarov is a nice one for CC, a buddy of mine has had his for 12+ years as a CC, I just don’t like the small 9×18 round. Yes, I know my SIG is a 9×19, I use +P+ hollow points.

HoundOfDoom says:

LC 0311 crunchie I.M.H. @: Apologies for that. My fingers got ahead of my brain. I’m still amazed that that sticker is there. Glocks have had a history of mag drop issues, and this sure doesn’t help.

Respectfully,

Kalinka is actually a sort of a berry, it is not a female name.

Wreckerboy says:

Princess Natasha, Decadent Delicious Deviant sez:

Kalinka is actually a sort of a berry, it is not a female name.

Yes dear, I know that, I’m thinking along the line those tankers did, where the name was a generic for who they missed at home. And I have listened to the song, and to me it fits. Her name is Rebecca, the one I left behind. I play “Kalinka” to help me keep what I miss alive in my mind, as it was. Hell, that was the name I gave my11-87 SuperAutomag :em02:.
    Any how, as today is Memorial Day, I’ll add all the Brit, Free French, Russian, Italians, and so on to the list that I thank for my FREEDOM. And to all of you on here that have been there, I have been told that this is not your day, without those who gave all, and those who gave some, we would not have this day. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, Natasha, some of my family came here from the Baltic States, Lithuania, so I’ll agree, COMMIES SUCK ASS!

Krondax says:

im hoping i will still be able to get one when i get home from iraq next year. things not looking too bright though 🙁

Glocks have had a history of mag drop issues, and this sure doesn’t help.

Hound, consider the sticker issue “taken care of”, my friend. :em93:

It’s kind of like those “Do Not Put Hands Or Feet Under Mower Deck While PTO Is Engaged” warning labels. If there’s a way that someone can injure, maim or kill themselves, through sheer stupidity, there’s someone out there who will fit the bill and do just that.

Ever wonder why many of the dish soaps with pictures of lemons on their bottles or packages have “This Product Is NOT Intended For Human Consumption”? Yeah, it’s because some morons looked at the pretty picture of a lemon and decided to mix up some nice, foamy “lemonade” for their also-illiterate loin-spawn.
    :em01: :em99: :em01: :em99:

My favorite was the halloween Superman costume, made for illiterate children under the age of five, with the note sewn into the collar….”Costume does not enable user to fly..” I hope they never own a gun….any gun.

The thing with Glocks is you either love them or hate them! I love them. That’s my primary carry weapon. The Boy Toy believes that Glocks have no soul, and that’s a complaint I hear a lot from gun snobs. But fact of the matter is that Glocks are relatively inexpensive, functional, practical, and reliable. I like the boxy look. I LOVE my Glock. This doesn’t prevent me from buying yet another pistol, however. I just bought a 1911 last night. The Boy Toy is fixing the sights on it for me, and he’s ordering me some Hogue grips, but the SA 1911 is SWEET!

LC Nicki the Resident Misanthropic Bitch sez:

The thing with Glocks is you either love them or hate them!

I’m kinda neutral here….don’t love ’em or hate ’em. I’ve only shot a Glock twice and both times couldn’t get comfortable with it…. I love the simplicity of it, and the fact that it’s damn near unbreakable but I just can’t hold it right…my hand isn’t designed for a Glock…..the old Browning 9 fits me pretty well, but my Kimber Classic just seems to have been made for me.

LC Nicki the Resident Misanthropic Bitch sez:
    The thing with Glocks is you either love them or hate them!
    I’m kinda neutral here….don’t love ‘em or hate ‘em. I’ve only shot a Glock twice and both times couldn’t get comfortable with it…. I love the simplicity of it, and the fact that it’s damn near unbreakable but I just can’t hold it right…my hand isn’t designed for a Glock…..the old Browning 9 fits me pretty well, but my Kimber Classic just seems to have been made for me.

It’s very true that different guns fit different hands differently. My Glock fits my hand as if it was made for me. But then again, so does the 1911 I just bought. It’s preeeettty!!!! But for most folks I know, the Glock is one of those tools that they either hate or love to shoot – not because it fits or doesn’t fit their hand, but because some folks are gun purists. Something about the Glock that doesn’t stimulate them visually…. its look, it’s plastic body, it’s weight… It’s definitely a precision piece of machinery, but for most folks I know, it’s the difference between driving your dad’s old Chevy and a Porsche.

LC TerribleTroy, Imperial Centurion sez:

Well I appreciate the offer Troy, but I think I’ll hang on to her for a little bit longer. She and I are going to meld if I have to have her super glued to my hand. :em99:

Sounds like a lot of the Lipstick Lesbians who have been forcefully taken into the folds of Rosie O’Donut’s fetid, fecund f*ckflaps.

LC akornzombie says:

BC sez:

Well, there went some perfectly good beer out through my nostrils…