It’s a Mad, Mad, MADD World

Hat tip to LC, IB Vulcanrider for the link:

It’s irritating enough that we can’t get into our cars and just get from point A to point B without constantly having to worry about regulations, laws, and those LEO’s with egos the size of Rosie O’Donut’s backside.  I don’t know about you, but just avoiding idiot drivers is enough to cause you to want to travel with your pistol sticking out the window.

It seems that Obambi wants to make it even harder for us measly peons to get around freely.

President Obama’s pick to head the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration raises a few red flags. If confirmed by the Senate, Chuck Hurley, CEO of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, will drive motorists over the cliff with regulation.

Not the least bit surprised.  Anyone that Messiah Meglomaniac can find to harrass the hell out of the rest of us, has a damn good future in his administration.

Just how bad is this lastest addition to the Obama S&M Club?

The nation’s traffic-safety czar has broad powers to control the roads and road-going habits of Americans. Mr. Hurley has a history of pushing laws that harass millions of law-abiding citizens to ensnare a few lawbreakers. He supports returning the 55 mph speed limit to our highways as well as roadblocks and random pullovers to make sure drivers aren’t doing anything wrong. This methodology is based on a presumption of guilt – not innocence – of the average driver who is doing nothing wrong.

Even if you aren’t doing anything wrong…you can be pulled over just to make sure you aren’t thinking of doing anything wrong. The fact you may be a conscientious, safe, and honest driver just means that you are more suspect than others.

And good luck with that 55 mile speed limit change Skippy.   Ain’t happening.

Herr Hurley is just another Liberal/Progressive SS wonk that will be allowed to come up with whatever wild assed idea he can use to restrict our movements.   I’m really not surprised that he was chosen.  When Obambi isn’t buzzing buildings in New York with AF1 and scaring the ever loving hell out of all the citizens, and denying knowing a damn thing about it, he’s concocting ideas on how he can make damn sure we never want to leave our houses.

I’m nearly at that point already.

LC Old Dog says:

Do not feed the trolls! silverwolf is a troll of the lowest order and will not return to defend his idiotic points. There is no defense! The idiot has no conception of the actual wording of the Geneva Conventions, nor of established International Case Law.

The dumb fuck is a Liberal Asshole who just wants to fling shit and run!

:em38: :em41:

Prophet says:

Hahahaha!

Old Dog, you repeat yourself, sir. “Liberal” and “dumb fuck” are synonyms, yes? :em93:

By the way, is the canine in your pic a black Lab, a Vizsla, or perchance a Weimaraner?

When confronted with the facts, the BB trolls even accused me of racism. I knew at that point I had them beat on the facts :em95:

The trolls really do remind me of poo flinging monkeys sometimes :em95:

Prophet says:

LC Sir Intellectual Conservative 5th Columnist sez:

You know, I am quite sure you’ve noticed by now, and this has been said elsewhere, but isn’t it funny how liberals always decry racism yet are the FIRST ones to fling such epithets as “racist” at others? Strange, no?

LC Old Dog says:

Prophet sez:

Hahahaha!
    Old Dog, you repeat yourself, sir. “Liberal” and “dumb fuck” are synonyms, yes?

You are correct about the synonyms but, some points just have to be hammered home.

The pic is a Female Doberman who is in the Line of Breeding for my current Large Male Asshole, also known as “He who puts wetbacks on the Roof of the Barn”. I just can’t get a pic of him which can be squeezed down to Avatar size.

Yeah, the Border Patrol just sighs when my phone number comes up on caller ID. Their first comment is “Don’t shoot them, how many this time?”

Prophet @:

Indeed.

Race is completely a non issue with me. Culture and character are issues.

If I’m abroad, I conduct myself with integrity (character) and do my best to respect their culture. I damn well expect the same from someone who comes here.

Prophet says:

LC Old Dog sez:

…the Border Patrol just sighs when my phone number comes up on caller ID. Their first comment is “Don’t shoot them, how many this time?”

This is absolutely hysterical!!! :em04:

Prophet says:

LC Sir Intellectual Conservative 5th Columnist @:

I agree.

LC Old Dog says:

Prophet @:

Iffen I can figure out how to put up a picture of the current “Large Male Asshole” and his Consort I will.

You have to imagine being a Wetback having made to the “Promised Land” and climbimg a fence to steal something you can sell for real money and coming face to face with these two. By the time they alert the roof of the barn is closer than the fence line.

The results are often hilarious! 🙂

Anytime I go out for that kind of Alert I have “Betsy” on my hip. You may query His Imperial Nastiness about Betsy. Think Colt .45 ACP!

LC Getalis, Imperial Czar of Pharmacology says:

Eyas sez:

A seemingly-odd question: do you have any experience with basic calculus?

Will this be a mathematical proof of God? Or, a mathematical proof that Obama is the Anti-Christ?

I’m not sure I’d believe the former; and, I suspect that the latter may simply be: 2 + 2 = Obama is the Anti-Christ. :em93:

Not proof per se, but a mere demonstration of the possibility via allegory.

Basic calculus derivatives work by decrementing the exponent and shifting it into the coefficient’s position, and canceling out any real numbers hogging the limelight from our undefined variables (good ol’ x).

Thus, the derivative of [x^2 – 1] is simply [2x].

Reversing the process (i.e., computing the antiderivative), we have no problem incrementing x’s coefficient and moving it up into exponentland. But we tend to hit a bit of a snag when it comes to determining what, if any, real numbers are in the picture. Mathematicians get around this by throwing in a dummy phrase “+ C”.

“C” could be anything, including a negative number. It can also be nothing. But it stands as a subtle reminder that, whether relevant or not, we can’t be 100% certain that there isn’t a little something extra going on there that we just don’t have the ability to compute.

I try to keep this in mind whenever life throws me a curveball situation. It wasn’t until just recently that I noticed its theologic application. That said, it is neither my sole reason for believing, nor my strongest argument in favor of such. Just something I’ve found useful to keep around…

LC Getalis, Imperial Czar of Pharmacology says:

LC Old Dog sez:

For a second there, I thought you’d said “Large Marge Asshole”. :em41:

Pee Wee’s Big Adventure traumatized me enough as it is…..

LCs

Thank you all very much for your input. It is great to get input from so many people even if the subject is not really mass-compatible. Thanks again.

Cricket

You are absolutely right. The speed might appear insane, but is rarely the killer. What is the killer is carelessness and tailgating. A couple of years ago, the law on road conduct was changed and tailgating has now been made the road equivalent of coercion, with the same penalty. We have had several high profile cases where inconsiderate people with high powered cars and low powered brains were convicted and have gone to jail over it.

The same actually is true for slow moving drivers who occupy the left lane although the right lane is free. This is considered coercion too and is handled exactly the same way by the judiciary. All in all this change has brought back a certain level of consideration that was somewhat lost compared to earlier decades if I believe my dad.

With regards to the accident including the deuce ‘n a half you describe: that is absolutely inexcusable behavior for the Merc’s driver. The general rule is: If you hit the hard shoulder and you don’t have a technical problem with your car or attending another car rightfully there, you have made a big mistake. Crashing into a stranded car on the shoulder is really bad and will get you into jail for a good long time (if you are not part of a protected minority.)

Cricket and LC Cheapshot911
    I sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay in Germany. If you were there as part of the Armed Forces: Thank you very much for brotherly service. This is something that will never be forgotten. :em04:

Cricket says:

Panzermann,
    I loved Germany; my husband is Pa German, so he felt right at home. There was a whole lot of what was absolutely right about that country that I miss over here, so my memories and way of life have changed to reflect that. I loved the people, food, literature and art. The history, architecture, everything. The rude driving wasn’t directed at me; I learned quickly and the lesson was nothing more than having lights flashed. While I found it rather funny (a BMW and a Merc trying to outspeed each other), the rate of speed at which people drove was a bit unsettling. Of course, when you have a high performance machine like that, you want to push the envelope a bit. My brother owned a 1966 Jaguar XKE ragtop. It deserved the name ‘Jaguar’ because it purred like a huge cat and was responsive, even if a bit finicky to drive and maintain.

In observing speed limits, the standard for imposing them was safety re: the vehicle and road conditions. In the Great Plains area of the US, when the roads are good and no one is on them, speeding is allowed. It does reduce fatigue because you aren’t driving forever to get there. So, it isn’t uncommon to see people driving at 75 and 80 mph. As Princess Natasha and others have pointed out, the Beltway and other freeway/interstates going into a large city contain their fair share of idiots who drive with a total disregard of their personal responsibility. The speed limits in those cases drop to 50 and even 45 mph because of the congestion. Again, road conditions and vehicle response are the factors.

The interesting issue about that is that traffic will regulate itself once congestion becomes an issue. Despite the idiots who drive while doing their makeup, texting, talking on their cells and looking up GPS coordinates, there are enough cautious and sensible drivers who are keeping a look out who avoid them. I am surprised that we don’t have more collisions, but even with regulations, collisions and cars going out of control will happen. Atlanta has one highway, GA400 that is notorious for having at least one fatality a month; a collision or some other horrific event that might have been avoided had someone been observant.

LC Xealot says:

Another traffic issue:

In my area there is US19. They started upgrading it into a freeway, then kind of stopped. So you have smooth overpasses, no lights and then WHAM stop light in the middle of otherwise unbroken freeway segments. Break lights and accidents abound. The road also goes back and forth between 4 lanes and sometimes as many as 10. Poor road design is as much of a problem as poor drivers around here.

Note: The enviro-loons constantly fight efforts to finish the freeway. I guess saving the occasional squirrel trumps saving human lives that are lost on this clusterfuck of asphalt.

It’s like some moron threw spaghetti on a map and said “ayup, that’s where the roads will be.”

LC Old Dog sez:

The idiot has no conception of the actual wording of the Geneva Conventions, nor of established International Case Law. The dumb fuck is a Liberal Asshole who just wants to fling shit and run!

Ain’t run anywhere yet. :em02:

You are aware that Reagan signed up to the Geneva Convention on torture? And that waterboarding has been deemed torture since WWII? Is there one single person here who has the GUTS to stand up and say that waterboarding is wrong? Illegal and immoral? And that waterboarding anyone 183 times is nothing less than barbaric sadism, and every bit as bad as what you accuse terrorists of doing? No?

I thought not.

LC FreedomFighter says:

OK now there just trying to piss people off, what ever happend to the 4th amendment? The part about Prabable cause is needed as a reason to stop someone?

silverwolf sez:

anonymous hourly worker sez:

Christ, please quit promising to leave and then failing to do so.

Is itsy bitsy me upsetting you? But don’t you have all the wit and the come-backs and the smart comments to supposedly deal with me? If so, then stop worrying about me leaving. I’m not even an gnat on your nose. You can apparently administer a “thrashing” any time you like. Right? :em01:

LC Ted sez:

Silverwolf,
    Before you get started on bush again, most of us here were against him on the patriot act. We are the type of people who think that giving up liberty for security is stupid at best.

Excellent. My thinking entirely. So we have something in common.

I dare you to call us a bunch of immigrant hating racists

I wouldn’t dream of doing that. I’ve just arrived and have (so far) seen no discussion of immigration.

To stop your next complaint, if a business commits fraud, we are all for closing them down, perp walking them in cuffs, and selling all the reponsible parties assets to repay the victims losses.

And why would I complain about that? As far as I’m concerned, several dozen CEOs of banks should probably currently be in jail – for a long term.

We are not in the bag for the republicans. Ted

Message received and understood. Thank you.

silverwolf sez:

Yup … you’re absolutely right. Now shut the fuck up and leave.

Eyas sez:

Has there ever been a society that that gives the presumption of innocence to enemy battlefield combatants?

I know, let’s make our troops Mirandize Al Qaeda when they capture them. Ooh, ooh, ooh …

You need to distinguish between Taliban captured on the battlefield (where they were defending their own country) and Al Qaeda — which is a rag-tag, badly-organized (if organized at all), loosely-affiliated (if connected at all), sometimes copycat, bunch of terrorists.

Anyway, I’m glad to see that you’ve caught on (partly) to how things work around here. You’ve obviously learned to thicken your skin enough to accept abuse and dish it out (sort of).

I’m getting here. Apparently it’s no holds barred and to hell with manners.

BigDogg sez:

Yup … you’re absolutely right. Now shut the fuck up and leave.

You afraid of something?? I’m leaving now — temporarily. I have paperwork to do. But unless Sergeant Major Darth locks the door behind me, I’ll be back. :em04:

You think so, doucherifle? You really wanna test me on that, buttmunch?

Let’s get one thing straight, dumbass. I have no problem with letting you hang around and be a chewtoy for the pups. (Besides, they generally get pissed at me when I take away said chewtoys without a damned good reason.)

But the one thing you sure as Hell™ don’t wanna do is piss off Management™ – and I happen to be one of the Management™.

Drop the “Sergeant Major” bullshit. As in, yesterday.

Capíce?

Silverwolf

Again, you havent answered my question.

Geneva makes no distinction on where the fighting takes place. Even assuming 100% of those you capture in Iraq were Iraqi freedom fighters (which has been proven untrue) they still do not qualify under Geneva to be considered lawful combatants.

LC Xealot says:

silverwolf sez:

Apparently it’s no holds barred and to hell with manners.

It took you THIS LONG to figure that out? See unlike the sniveling shitstains in your world, we don’t pull any punches. If we think something sucks, something is fucking stupid (a grade above merely stupid), someone is a dumbshit (you), etc…, we will tell you.

Blunt honesty is something we believe in. If we offend you, hurt your feelings or make you feel unwelcome, that’s your problem. If you don’t want us to offend your sensibilities, then just leave.

It is our belief that part of the problem of modern society is that we hide what we truly believe. We’ll call a short person “vertically challenged” or a fat person “mildly overweight due to the evil of McDonalds.” So many people avoid calling it like it is, all in the name of not causing offense.

Ironically you will find that many of us are perfectly mannerly, very classy people when the occasion warrants. But this forum is for the times when we DON’T feel like being mannerly. Got a problem with that you festering pile of Pelosi’s bloody diseased menstrual remainders? There’s the door!

silverwolf sez:

Holy crap, you’re stupid.
    I would say that you’re merely ignorant; but LC Sir Intellectual Conservative 5th Columnist has gone to the time and trouble to educate you, and you simply refuse to be educated.
    Mental illness? Retardation? Neurological Disorder? All of the above? Or, just a born asshole.

Eyas sez:

silverwolf sez:

Holy crap, you’re stupid. I guess you really do hate labels, as you seem to have great difficulty applying the correct labels to the correct things.

Are you suggesting that I misquoted?

“LC Sir Intellectual Conservative 5th Columnist” (??) has educated me on nothing. Ever. Neither here nor anywhere else. Whoever is spouting that idiocy better think again.

“LC Sir Intellectual Conservative 5th Columnist” idiot sez:

The trolls premise was that both AQ and the Taliban constitute an organized military force under Geneva, thereby granting them POW status, lawyers and whatnot.

I’ve gone over to BlameBush to see what you’re talking about. You are misquoting. I cannot abide those who mis-quote and then attempt to make an argument based on that mis-quote.
    Nobody there argued that “AQ and the Taliban constitute an organized military force”. Not one individual. Someone DID say that the Taliban was an “organized military force” — which they clearly are.
    If you’re going to drag arguments in here from other sites, I suggest you bring authentic quotes with you. Because I assure you that I will check.

I vote for flushing this turd.

LC Xealot sez:

Apparently nobody ever taught you that there are both civilized and mannerly ways to tell someone you think they are wrong, or uninformed, or even missing the point. Calling people shitstains is unnecessary. However, since I appear to be in Rome, I’ll follow the Roman etiquette.

I agree with you broadly there. However, there is never a need to cause unnecessary offense when it can be avoided. I believe in moderation in all things. Calling people names the minute they walk in the door is uncalled for. However, if it amuses the kids …

But this forum is for the times when we DON’T feel like being mannerly.

Good. I’ll come here when I want to vent, in future.

AWESOME. Was that supposed to be a shock tactic? :em01:

BigDogg sez:

I vote for flushing this turd.

I’m sure you would, at the speed of light. On what grounds?

Silverwolf

By stating that anyone we capture is entitled to POW status, the trolls in effect made that claim. So, what I said still stands. Geneva has very clear guidelines over who constitutes a lawful combatant. If you claim someone is entitled to POW status you in effect state they meet the guidelines. That covers AQ, the Taliban, etc. They also, like you, tried to make the distinction that they were defending their homes.

So, it isn’t a misquote.

And I asked them (and you) this question:

Under what internationally recognized accord, criteria, whatever are they entitled to such a status?

LC Sir Intellectual Conservative 5th Columnist sez:

They said nothing of the sort. You’re a total fake. I don’t like people who deliberately mis-report what others have said. You are now without credibility. A write-off. Don’t address me again.

silverwolf @:

I will address you if I wish. You don’t make the rules here. You’d do well to remember that.

And by stating that people we capture in battle are in fact entitled to POW status, lawyers, etc, the trolls have in fact made that claim. I even asked them if they were making the claim that AQ should be given some kind of exception to Geneva. Didn’t get an intelligent reply.

LC Xealot says:

silverwolf sez:

If you read the Imperial FAQ, you would have “followed the Roman etiquette” already. If you want to be mannerly and civilized, read the rules before posting. We explicitly tell you that if you are easily offended, you need to find a different place to post.

Good. I’ll come here when I want to vent, in future.

Good. You’re now getting the point. About fucking time.

AWESOME. Was that supposed to be a shock tactic?

No, it was me trying to out do BC on the disgusting’o’meter. Unfortunately, I believe that might be impossible to do. But a man can dream, right?

Not really. But I have a personal policy about not mouthing the chew toys. They’re dirty, and who knows where they’ve been.

LC Getalis, Imperial Czar of Pharmacology says:

silverwolf sez:

silverwolf sez:

Bullshit^3.

When you get out of college and spend a few years in the real world, you’ll find out that all of the “shades of grey” marshmallow footholds they taught you about simply don’t exist. We live in a world of absolutes. One of those absolutes is evil. Another absolute is the fact that sometimes good people have to man up and do things that make your tummy quiver in order to keep evil people in check.

mayim…..er……silverwolf sez:

and what is their home country again? is it…..ohhhhh……TALIBA????

silverwolf sez:

they are indeed…..that means no lawyers, no charges, we just hold them until the war is over.

man…..I didn’t need that visual right before lunch….. :em38:

silverwolf says:

silverwolf sez: Patriotism by your lights is never admitting that your country is in the wrong. And that’s both stupid and ignorant. And if you persist in defending torture, then you give up the right to think you have moral ground from which to lecture the rest of the world.

LC Getalis, Imperial Czar of Pharmacology sez: Bullshit^3.

Absolutely not. If you’re going to behave like sadistic savages, you cannot then lecture others on their behavior and pretend that yours, and your country, are better. That’s called double standards, in case you’ve never heard of it. When you reduce your country to the level of those you criticize, you lose all credibility.

When you get out of college and spend a few years in the real world

Not clever. I’m probably older than you, buddy.

No shades of grey whatsoever. Torture is prohibited by law.

We live in a world of absolutes. One of those absolutes is evil.

And torture is evil. People don’t need laws to understand that, but they have them anyway.

Ah, the “end justifies the means” argument? Nobody with any principles uses that one. And it’s a sad day to see you trot it out here.

silverwolf says:

and what is their home country again? is it…..ohhhhh……TALIBA????

No, ignoramus, it’s Afghanistan. The country the were running when the US invaded.

“Interesting. “Enemy battlefield combatants”. So they are entitled to POW status when captured.” (silverwolf)

But NOT in the conditions you have been holding them. There are regulations, I’m afraid. Plus, Bush, who portrayed himself as a war president, also portrayed a never-ending ‘GWOT’, which virtually gave him the right to hold them forever (or so he thought). That’s not on either. However, Obama has put an end to the term GWOT (it’s been quietly dropped) so the US is not at never-ending war anymore. Let’s see what happens next.

But torture is OFF the table, POWs or not. It was never on. Only in the minds of sadist Cheney and his psychopathic crew.

mayim….er….silverwolf sez:

ahhhh….the last gasp defense of the intellectually bankrupt liberal…..name calling. I’d ask you to raise the white flag, but that’s your idea of the national colors isn’t it.

sorry mayim….er silverwolf. Taliban is not a nationality, it is part of a death cult ideaology, there are afghani taliban…saudi taliban….paki taliban….sort of like how a nazi is not necessarily a German, you can have french nazis and italian nazis and all kinds of nazis.

and oh yes, they were soooooo benevolent in their governing….nice that you can sympathize with them and look at us as the evil in the world. I’m sure they would treat you with the utmost consideration, making your beheading as quick and painless as possible.

silverwolf says:

You seem to be unaware of the discussion on another thread. Viz:

LC Xealot: “If you read the Imperial FAQ, you would have “followed the Roman etiquette” already. If you want to be mannerly and civilized, read the rules before posting.”

LC Xealot: “We call each other names when it amuses us. Once again, read the rules before posting. While I might talk about “shitstains” in this forum, I would hardly use the same language in, say, a church. Misha gave us a place where we can vent and refer to disgusting things without fear of offending people. Personally, I think it’s a gift.”

Silverwolf: “Good. I’ll come here when I want to vent, in future.”

LC Xealot: “Good. You’re now getting the point. About fucking time.”

Irrelevant to the discussion. The Taliban being discussed vis a vis POW status were those defending Afghanistan when the US invaded. And whether they were an organized fighting force or not. The Taliban is NOT Al Quaeda. Most people when faced with the word “Nazis” think of Hitler. Not France or Italy.

and oh yes, they were soooooo benevolent in their governing….

Irrelevant to the discussion.

nice that you can sympathize with them

Haven’t sympathized with them anywhere.
    Is this your level of debate?

silverwolf says:

here’s some of the glorious public works projects carried out by your benevolent taliban

They’re not “my” Taliban. And I have not mentioned “benevolent” anywhere. Again, is this your level of debate?? If so, it’s not worth further response.

mayim….er…..silverwolf sez:

……..oh……..

……okay……

well, at least I didn’t call you an ignoramus…..haven’t slipped to that level yet.

silverwolf sez:

You seem to be unaware of the discussion on another thread.

Hah! My mistake. It’s on this one. Scroll up. :em93:

mayim…er….silverwolf sez:

wow….you really don’t know much about history do you. You made the taliban out to be indigenous to Afghanistan…i.e…..they were defending their home country. Granted, the taliban has it’s origins in the northern tribal regions of Afghanistan but has large contingents of ukraine, northern african, and pakistanis in it. They are just as much occupiers of Afghanistan as the nazis and vichy were in France.

Now about the taliban and al-qaeda. Al-qaeda was given safe haven by the taliban in Afghanistan….that’s where they were, under the protective umbrella of the taliban. I’ll cite another historical comparison for you:

When the Allies opened up a second front in World War II, they started by invading North Africa. Patton’s forces invaded and were initially opposed by vichy French, not Germans (nazis). Even though that part of Africa was ruled by the nazis, it was garrisoned by vichy French troops…So, technically…if we applied the same standard there that you and the rest of the left apply to the GWOT, then we shouldn’t have fought the vichy as we had declared war on Nazis right?

see the similarity???……

nothing?

Ok….you can respond with more juvenile insults and evasions then

silverwolf says:

no? nothing? Ok….you can respond with more juvenile insults then

For Pete’s sake, will you give me time to glance at another thread? I can’t and won’t post responses to order. I’ll get back to you when I’m ready. Meanwhile, have a chat with LC Xealot who seems to think I should be using juvenile insults all over the place.

“Granted, the taliban has it’s origins in the northern tribal regions of Afghanistan”

The rest of your nitpicking is a waste of time. It has nothing to do with the discussion of POWs OR torture.

silverwolf sez:

nice dismissal thread jumper, you just don’t have anything coherent or factual to defend your statements with…

p.s.

you may want to scale back on the multiple posting….you might get caught in the spam filter and have your comments blocked. Don’t say I never did you a favor :em93: