It’s a Mad, Mad, MADD World

Hat tip to LC, IB Vulcanrider for the link:

It’s irritating enough that we can’t get into our cars and just get from point A to point B without constantly having to worry about regulations, laws, and those LEO’s with egos the size of Rosie O’Donut’s backside.  I don’t know about you, but just avoiding idiot drivers is enough to cause you to want to travel with your pistol sticking out the window.

It seems that Obambi wants to make it even harder for us measly peons to get around freely.

President Obama’s pick to head the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration raises a few red flags. If confirmed by the Senate, Chuck Hurley, CEO of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, will drive motorists over the cliff with regulation.

Not the least bit surprised.  Anyone that Messiah Meglomaniac can find to harrass the hell out of the rest of us, has a damn good future in his administration.

Just how bad is this lastest addition to the Obama S&M Club?

The nation’s traffic-safety czar has broad powers to control the roads and road-going habits of Americans. Mr. Hurley has a history of pushing laws that harass millions of law-abiding citizens to ensnare a few lawbreakers. He supports returning the 55 mph speed limit to our highways as well as roadblocks and random pullovers to make sure drivers aren’t doing anything wrong. This methodology is based on a presumption of guilt – not innocence – of the average driver who is doing nothing wrong.

Even if you aren’t doing anything wrong…you can be pulled over just to make sure you aren’t thinking of doing anything wrong. The fact you may be a conscientious, safe, and honest driver just means that you are more suspect than others.

And good luck with that 55 mile speed limit change Skippy.   Ain’t happening.

Herr Hurley is just another Liberal/Progressive SS wonk that will be allowed to come up with whatever wild assed idea he can use to restrict our movements.   I’m really not surprised that he was chosen.  When Obambi isn’t buzzing buildings in New York with AF1 and scaring the ever loving hell out of all the citizens, and denying knowing a damn thing about it, he’s concocting ideas on how he can make damn sure we never want to leave our houses.

I’m nearly at that point already.

SeniorD says:

Boy howdy will Hussein al-Chicago’s puppet be tap dancing around a return to the 55 mph limit. The trucking industry alone will make lose more money and raise more ruckus than even The One can handle.

Pretty soon, Hussein will accomplish his goal of ensuring Americans have zero options regarding how we live our lives. Of course, the Politicians, Wealthy and Elites can afford to ignore any regulations curbing their driving habits.

LC SmokeyBehr says:

We won’t be able to afford to drive after Zero puts in his cap-and-trade BS together, so the only ones that will be able to afford to drive are the super-rich, and they’re guilty of everything, or those making money in the drug trade.

Last month, the Connecticut Supreme Court unanimously upheld a driving-under-the-influence conviction against a man who was sleeping off his bender in his car even though the keys were not in the ignition. In 2005, the North Carolina Court of Appeals upheld a DUI sentence for a tipsy man riding a motorized skateboard. The Georgia State Police charged a woman with drunken driving for riding a horse.

If you don’t know yet, if you argue with a cop in California, he can take you to jail for drunk in public, and he’ll be happy to laugh in your face that he doesn’t have to breathalyzer you because all the 24-hour sentence requires is his “judgement call” that you are “inebriated”.

Been there, done that, got laughed at in the face and taken to jail.

lc purple raider says:

We do not condone drinking and driving, but the constant lowering of BAC limits has separated what is punishable from what is actually dangerous.

BAC limits do not get drunks off the street.

It is just another tool for “revenue enhancement.”

LC Xealot says:

But remember, if your last name is Kennedy, you can hit a cop car while drunk and on pills. You can drive a woman off a pier while totally trashed…

But if you’re a mere Peasant, not part of the Washington Nobility, expect to go to prison for drinking a glass of wine and dozing it off in your car.

Off Topic: Arlen “Sphincter” Specter finally gave up the ghost and went Democrat. Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out, Sphincter.

annoyinglittletwerp says:

OT:
    In case you haven’t heard-Arlen Specter officially became a “D” today.
    Specter was a republican?
    //sarc.

mousseman says:

I’m against driving drunk. I mean, it’s bloody irresponsible to drive around drunk. And yes, despite being member of the vast right-win conspiracy, I am for 0.0 behind the wheel. This way, you don’t have to know whether you’re sober or not regardless of what you imbibed.

Or else, introduce the Singaporean regulations in the US:

1. Drive around drunk (the limit is 0.05) – get rid of lots of money, and get 18-24 DIPS points (which will take you off the street for six months, and no, you really, really do not want to drive around with a revoked licence in The Fine Country).

2. Drive around drunk, run somebody over, with grievous injuries:

a) at least 12 months jail, quite usually 2-5 years
    b) 8 cane strikes on your behind for being so effing stoopid
    c) no driving for 24 months after you leave jail.

3. Drive around drunk, kill somebody:

a) at least 8 years in the slammer
    b) 16 cane strikes on your butt.
    c) I haven’t heard of anybody who did this and got his DL back after this.

Punish those who commit the crime so hard it serves as an example for all the others who haven’t been caught.

55?

What the hell am I supposed to do with 4th & 5th gear?

I hit the Specter-news back @ my place.

– MuscleDaddy

LCrightismightNY says:

We are now fully neck-deep in “Teh Age of Stoopid”, brought to you by asshole journalists, gutless liberal teachers, and an overmatched, ignorant, elitist uppity snob with a God complex.
    Thank you, 52%ers.

When the sobriety checklanes were upheld, I could almost hear the increased saliva in nitwits like this guy.

lc purple raider says:

Only because it was convenient.

Toomey was all set to run against him in the primary. Snarlin’ Arlen read the tea leaves and jumped off.

What. A. Fool.

The nation’s traffic-safety czar

The use of the word “czar” is so much more fitting under the jugears imperium.

As for Sphincter, all he’s doing is changing his letterhead and business cards. He left the party a long time ago. Personally, I think the donks benefitted more from Sphincter having and “R” after his name since it helped to create an illusion of bipartisanship.

LC Spare Parts says:

Better not have any NASCAR stickers on your ride. P. J. O’Rourke prognosticated in his Liberty Manifesto that these people won’t stop until there is federal regulation of bedtime. After all, life must be made palatable for the weenies no matter the cost. And don’t dare object to having your hand held. Welcome to perpetual kindergarten. I now know how the plains Indians felt when they prayed to the Great Spirit for honorable death in battle. :em96:
    Of Specter jumping off the party titanic; I can recommend the perfect shade of lipstick for him at his next presser :em72:
    That is all

FrJim says:

I sent a congratulatory email today to Sen. Specter for his newly discovered integrity.

Now if Snow and Collins do the same, we will be on our way to clearing out the dead wood in the whorehouse…err, I mean congress!!

-Jim+

LC Roguetek says:

mousseman @:

Or else, introduce the Singaporean regulations in the US:

2. Drive around drunk, run somebody over, with grievous injuries:

a) at least 12 months jail, quite usually 2-5 years
    b) 8 cane strikes on your behind for being so effing stoopid
    c) no driving for 24 months after you leave jail.

3. Drive around drunk, kill somebody:

a) at least 8 years in the slammer
    b) 16 cane strikes on your butt.
    c) I haven’t heard of anybody who did this and got his DL back after this.

Congratulations, you’ve just gutted a large chunk of the entertainment industry. You just nuked 20 to 70% of resturant, bar, nightclub, and casino revenue.

And you’ve gutted the beer, wine, and spirits industry.

billions of dollars of damage to the economy, and guess what? not a -single- extra life saved, statistically speaking.

past about .08 or so, Drunk driving laws dont yeild any return, except for financial.

Unless you start dragging people out of thier cars and shooting them on the spot, you’re not going to change some folks behavior. Some folks are going to drive drunk. No matter what you do to them. They’re going to drive drunk without insurance, licsence, registation, or anything other than a six-pack, and a set of car keys. you cant stop them sort of jailing them.

everyone -else- on the other hand, seems to find .08 ( give or take ) a workable solution.

LC Columbo says:

Arlen Sphincter…

F. Him T.E.

I wouldn’t put any of this shit past him. He’s got to go. NOW!

VonZorch Imperial Researcher says:

FrJim sez:

Yep, about time one of the ho’s showed a shred of integrity.

What the hell is going on? I am against drunk driving, but I think advocates should advocate, NOT legislate :em98:

55 mph? Is this motherfucker HIGH?? That’s, like, standing fucking still! Fuck him. From now on, I am driving 95-100 mph. SUCK MY DICK!!

LC Proud Infidel says:

Hopefully it’ll hit the airwaves, FOX at least, and really help people wake up and realize just what a MEGA-IDIOT has been elected POTUS! Hell, his photo-op panicked NYC and cost the taxpayers @$328,000 estimated by the Drudge Report!! :em41: :em98: :em98: :em96: :em12: A return to shit-eatin’ double nickels? that’ll cost ’em dearly in the next election!!

This is obviously unconstitutional, tyrranical, and evil; but, I think the W. Times is missing the point

“a presumption of guilt – not innocence – of the average driver who is doing nothing wrong.”

If you have a Ron Paul bumper sticker, then you ARE doing something wrong.
    If you have a WWJD bumper sticker, a dashboard Jesus, or *gasp* a Bible on your passenger seat, then you ARE doing something wrong.
    If you have an unloaded, disassembled, non-functional, antique rifle in your trunk (and they’ll search your trunk if they damn well please), then you ARE doing something wrong.
    If you’ve ever attended a TEA Party, (and once they scan your RFID-enhanced driver’s license — they’ll know), then you ARE doing something wrong.

Off-topic: Did anyone see the video of Obama’s “apology” for the Air Force One fly-by photo-op? What he said was, “It was a mistake; and it won’t happen again.” What I heard was, “What’s the big deal?” He almost broke out laughing while “apologizing”. That fucker KNEW about it, and it might have been his idea. Can I prove this? Well, .. no. But, haven’t you ever known someone was lying to your face without being able to prove it? He clearly thinks that panicking Manhattan with a partial replay of Sept. 11th is a big fucking joke.

I’m an atheist, but I swear I’m becoming more & more convinced by the day that our Dear Leader may well be the Anti-Christ, … or close enough to it that it makes no difference.

In a grave somewhere, George Orwell’s corpse is beating its head against the coffin.

seagoon says:

Roguetek- I do agree with you regarding 0.08, however I am for shooting drunk drivers on the spot. My thought is to have a mobile traffic courtroom (doctor and lab for testing, and a judge to pronounce sentence) which goes to where the driver was caught.

First offence, car crushed, license revoked permanently.
    Second offence, shot on the spot and gibbeted as a warning.

Lost friends to drunk drivers. No excuse or tolerance for the behavior.

Deathknyte says:

I smell lawsuits.

SUCK MY DICK!!

Say again?

Bye bye probable cause, nice knowin’ ya.

Hellloooo prior restraint, the new SOP.

Deathknyte sez:

I smell lawsuits.

Only if Constitutional due process is still intact … or hell, only if there’s still a Constitution.

Are they going to jail everyone on the road? The only folks doing fifty-five are big rigs, some of them anyway. Most are faster. The highway I drive daily, if you aren’t doing at least seventy, and willing to move right for faster traffic, stay out of the left lane. I do, it’s called being considerate of others. No way in hell would the cops seek to enforce this en masse. I doubt they could. I cruise around sixty-five, sometimes more. I’m comfortable with that. For those that aren’t, I move to the right when safe for them to pass. Very simple really. It’s the difference in speeds that gets people hurt or worse. Let traffic flow at it’s own pace.

stay out of the left lane.

Heyyy, I rode shotgun on the autobahn, instructed to bark in American when my Buddy snorted and pointed..
    Rechtsfahren! yastoopidpiece’o’possumpoop!
    ‘Dunno why, there’s no way they all understood me, but they always roared laughing,,, my pleasure..

‘Wonder how long we’ve got left to drive in the “officials only” lane.

lizard says:

LC Proud Infidel @:
    At least that much because I am waiting for the lawsuits to happen for causing those that had had post tramatic stress to be aggravated by that BS that occurred.

LC Getalis, Imperial Czar of Pharmacology says:

lc purple raider sez:

BAC limits do not get drunks off the street.
    It is just another tool for “revenue enhancement.”

And the BAC does nothing to test for *other* substances that can impair one’s driving just as much. Speaking from personal (off-road) experience, 5 milligrams of mirtazapine (a tetracyclic antidepressant, whose actions are primarily antihistiminergic at low dosing levels) knocks me for more of a loop than ethanol ever will.

LC Getalis, Imperial Czar of Pharmacology says:

Eyas sez:

Show of hands: how many of you anticipate a dozen or so seconds of spontaneous microwave oven use upon receiving said RFID?

Eyas sez:

A seemingly-odd question: do you have any experience with basic calculus?

LC Jon Imperial Hunter says:

Princess Natasha, Decadent Delicious Deviant sez:

SUCK MY DICK!!

Oh, No… not another breathalyzer test!

Please, my dear Natasha, say that you don’t really have a dick????

No, but seriously folks…

I will drive when, where and in whatever condition I think I’m able. As far as I’m concerned, you may all do like wise. If and when I kill somebody while driving drunk, you may have my head. Until then, leave me the HELL alone or suffer the consequences; said consequences being that I will defend my Liberty with force.

In principle, this about covers all situations and behaviors in a FREE society. Anything else is tyranny.

Cannon Fodder says:

I want to know what the fuck ever happened to “probable cause.” It just seems to violate our rights to allow a cop to just pull you over for no apparent reason and check to see if he can catch you doing something wrong that way? Shit! Why don’t they just go ahead and allow them to just walk in your house and ransack it to see if you are doing anything wrong? I mean it’s bad enough that you get stopped for actually doing something wrong and they use that to bully you into letting them search your car. Hell, try telling them that you object to them searching your car and them let us know how that went for you.

Just seems to me that this particular idea would be unconstitutional.

Cannon Fodder says:

Talking about the DUI shit. How is it that anyone can justify charging and convicting someone of DUI if they are just sitting or sleeping in their car? I don’t see that it matters if they had the keys in the ignition. A lot of cars need the keys in the ignition and turned to the accessory position to play the radio. Plus the fact that even the intent to drive isn’t DUI. DUI stands for DRIVING under the influence. By definition the car has to be in motion!

LC SleepTech:Wanted By The VLWC says:

All Y’all just let me know when you reach ‘the tipping’ point…

Ill be THERE :em04: , patiently waiting…

LC SleepTech:Wanted By The VLWC sez:

All Y’all just let me know when you reach ‘the tipping’ point…

Ill be THERE , patiently waiting…

Totally understood.

Dear LCs

Maybe you guys can help me out, this is something I have never quite understood about the US and my brothers and sisters Over There™. I fail to understand why there even are any speed limits on US highways. You gotta understand, where I come from, we don’t have general speed limits on the Autobahnen.

I think there are two reasons for that:
    a) It is easier to sell great cars to people if you allow people to use them to their full potential.
    b) the sections on Autobahnen that have temporary or special speed limits (mostly put in place by the Reds and Greens for environmental or safety reasons, or more accurately whoring for the votes of the stupid), have no better or worse safety record than that of unrestricted parts of the Autobahnen.

Why was a general speed limit ever enacted ? I can’t believe it was really a safety issue. Aren’t most American highways long and straight and comparatively empty ? Also, if you have no speed limit you (from my experience) tend to have less crazy lane changes or braking maneuvers of people who just realize they are doing 10 above the limit.

The difference is especially strong when I drive from England to Germany. While in England you always have to expect someone to behave strangely when he realizes that is slightly too fast, drivers in Germany mostly drive faster but also more predictably and seem to be scanning the road for possible sources of danger a lot longer in advance instead of just the car in front of you as many drivers on generally speed restricted highways seem to do.

Denise says:

The way I understand it, and I may be wrong, technically if you have the keys to the car on your person, you are in control of said vehicle. At least that’s the way it was in England in the 70s. If you wanted to drink in your own home, you took your keys out of your pocket and put them on the table. It’s ridiculous, I know.

I won’t drive 55 any more. Been there, done that. It was stupid the first time. Now that I’m on oxygen, those little tanks only last about 4 hours. Driving 55 makes it a 3 hour trip to visit my family. That means two tanks and about a two hour visit. I don’t think so! If I’m gonna drive that far, I want to stay a while.

Light29ID says:

LC Panzermann @:
    Panzermann, drive the Beltway and you’d understand. Daytona or Pocano have nothing on 270 or 95 North when these ‘tards get out and turn their two ton SUVs into lethal weapons.

LC Proud Infidel says:

It’s just further living proof that libs see all people as total idiots that HAVE to be regulated at every turn and saved from themselves!! :em38: :em98: :em12: Anyone remember when “Blowjob Willie” :em72: proposed that OSHA be allowed to regulate and inspect those who work at home? I see an attempted try at that again, too, this administration is gonna try to regulate and strangle people’s lives like we’ve never seen before, this is just the start!! :em98: :em38:

LC Panzerman!

I share your curiosity, ‘kept it in the mysteries to be explored,,someday-file, not wanting to have to stomach the obvious answer.

‘Watched an intersection near Lorrach for a couple of beers. No stopsigns, just two roads crossing.
    The traffic would only slow ever so slightly, and the cars would zip back and forth with never even a near miss.
    That’s discipline and respect.
    Two main ingredients that are sooo diluted by the US’s penchant for importing and facilitating stupidity for too many decades.
    Cars would be piled a dozen deep if I took down the signs at the end of my road.

I also noticed the lack of junkyards.
    ‘Was told that most of the time, the pieces were so small they’re not really worth saving.

The way he looooovees having that plane that’s just for him. I can understand that he thinks it’s no big deal. Of course that also assumes he doesn’t know that his plane isn’t available for the next 6 hours.

I’m just curious about who got to have a ride on AF-1 on this little jaunt, maybe as a payback for past support?

Because of that stunt I got jumpy yesterday because LAX change their approach pattern to fly right over my company. Nothing like a 747 flying slow with full flap at about 3000 feet over your building to make your ears perk up…and I was 2000 miles away from Ground Zero.

Remember, the next target after 9/11 was the Library Tower in L.A.

LC Getalis, Imperial Czar of Pharmacology sez:

Eyas sez:
    A seemingly-odd question: do you have any experience with basic calculus?

Very curious to see where you’re leading me.

Experience, yes. Understanding, no. Well, I understood it well enough to get a “B” when I took it about 12-13 years ago; but, I purged it from my brain after the final exam. How much calculus do I need to remember?

A seemingly-odd question: do you have any experience with basic calculus?

Will this be a mathematical proof of God? Or, a mathematical proof that Obama is the Anti-Christ?

I’m not sure I’d believe the former; and, I suspect that the latter may simply be: 2 + 2 = Obama is the Anti-Christ. :em93:

LCrightismightNY says:

>”I don’t know about you, but just avoiding idiot drivers is enough to cause you to want to travel with your pistol sticking out the window.”<

I’ve often fantasized about having plasma cannons installed on the roof of my EEEVIL SUV so I could instantly vaporize those drivers that irritate me…

LC Cheapshot911

You were in Lörrach ? Beautiful little town in the south-west of Germany, right next to the Swiss border. It’s Germany’s unofficial chocolate capital as Kraft Foods produce about 3mn bars of chocolate a day there.

I think you might be right in saying it’s discipline and respect. It might also have to do with Germans’ willingness to follow rules. If there are no signs or signals, it’s just “Right before Left”, so traffic from the right has the right of way. Job done. …. if everybody follows the rules.

But to be honest, I think we are currently squandering away all that discipline and respect. Because we are currently making the same mistakes as our American brothers which you rightly pointed out.

LC SleepTech:Wanted By The VLWC says:

LC cmblake6, Imperial Black Ops Technician sez:

LC SleepTech:Wanted By The VLWC sez:
    All Y’all just let me know when you reach ‘the tipping’ point…
    Ill be THERE , patiently waiting…
    Totally understood.

Yup!!
    Don’t make me wait too long though, I’m gettin’ kinda fidgity… :em93: :em03:

LC Xealot says:

LC Panzermann:

Something else to ponder: Americans have a tendency to ignore the commonly accepted rules of the road. The left lane is intended to be the fast lane… yet I see many doing 10 under the limit camping out there, causing all sorts of traffic disasters. Often, the slow drivers don’t even have the excuse of old age.

A large minority of Americans have a tendency to be rude, inconsiderate and disrespectful. Some will do it because they find it funny, others because it’s too much of a “bother” to move into the correct lane. And of course you have moron kids deciding that racing in the middle of rush hour is a good idea, weaving in between these slow moving morons. In other words, driving on American freeways is kind of like going through an obstacle course with a few crazy morons hell-bent on hitting you weaving in between. I won’t even begin to tell you how poorly people merge here.

And God forbid… as soon as ANYONE sees a cop, everyone hits the breaks… even the people going the speed limit or less. It’s a mess.

Germany has its share of serious problems, but even I have to admit, they do drive a lot better over there than we Americans do.

LC SleepTech:Wanted By The VLWC says:

Eyas sez:

A seemingly-odd question: do you have any experience with basic calculus?

Help with Calculus, could do… Will I? No. Not for you or most anyone here… Makes my head hurt… :em12:

I’ll give ‘ya a heads up though, Obambi is NOT Teh Anti-Christ!!!

Did that surprise ‘Ya!!???

Maybe.., Just MAYBE!!! He’s The Beast!!!, but NOT the Anti-Christ!!!

He’s not Arab OR Jewish, so, he CAN’T be the Anit-Christ…