Dear Leader Orders It So.

U.S. stocks dropped Monday amid uncertainty about the struggling U.S. auto industry and other concerns about the economy.

“…concerns about the economy” is a polite way of saying that Wall Street knows the Marxist in Chief is giving us the royal fucking.

The losses started at the opening of the U.S. markets and continued to the close, following those across the world earlier in the day.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed 254.16 points down, to 7,522.22. The S&P 500-stock Index closed 28.41 points down, to 787.53. The NASDAQ lost 43.40 points, closing at 1,501.80.

The cocksucker sure is consistent.

President Obama on Monday morning rejected Chrysler and General Motors restructuring plans, which resulted in fears of bankruptcy.

“Feh, let them eat cake” he waves. “I reject your plan. Grovel more sincerely next time you capitalist running dog. Cook, bring me the head of a pig.”

Though Mr. Obama said the companies would receive additional federal aid under strict guidelines and deadlines, stock prices continued to drop.

Damn those pesky markets, still thinking that they are operating in a free market system. Haven’t they learned, Teh Messiah™hath spoken, they are to rebound with unbridled enthusiasm and greedily gulp down the scraps thrown to them from the trough.

Mr. Obama said he would give GM adequate working capital over the next 60 days. He also said the administration will work closely with the company during that time to produce a better business plan, which will include potentially consolidating unprofitable brands and riding itself of bad debt.

Yeah, Ladas and Skodas for everyone!

“We cannot, we must not let our auto industry simply vanish,” he said his teleprompter told him to say.

Yeah, he may end up meeting Jimmy Hoffa if the unions cash cow is actually allowed to assume room temperature. But I feel for Bambi here. The unions have ass raped Detroit and the Big Three for so long that it’s beyond being in a coma.

On Chrysler, Mr. Obama said teleprompter told him he has determined the company cannot survive as a stand-alone company and must reaches a deal by April 30 with Italian automaker Fiat. emph. mine – crunch

Let the arrogance of that dictatorial pronouncement sink in for awhile pups. Now let out a collective “Fuck You!” Feel better? No? Me neither. There’s always the April 15th Tea Parties.

The latest Obama plan began Sunday with the administration forcing the resignation of longtime GM Chief Executive Officer Rick Wagoner and replacing him with Fritz Henderson, the company’s chief operating officer.

And let that serve as a lesson to the rest of the CEO’s begging for a handout. We warned you that you were selling yourselves into corporate slavery. Now Bambi has just shown you who the fuck is REALLY in charge.

Anybody still wanna claim that calling this Marxist mother fucker a fascist is just hyperbole?

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Tonto, injun scout says:

I’m going to the fucking TEA party in Knoxville. Writing scathing comments on blogs just ain’t getting me off any more…..I gotta have some red meat!!!! The Obamonster and it’s minions are driving me nucking FUTS with the crapola he’s getting away with. The voting public in this country is idiotic beyond measure and PROVED it last November. I despair for the future of this broken dream!

LC Proud Infidel says:

I’ve gotcha beat already, Kimosabee, I took part in a Tea Party here in FL this Saturday before going to a gun show and spending about $1100 there as well, I need ammo and accessories for the Bushmaster M4 that I just bought! :em93:
    Anyway, the moonbat that was definitely the most fun to mess with jumped out of his pickup about 50 meters from me, yelled something at me, and jumped back into his truck. He was stopped for a red light, so I strolled to where he was. He just kept yelling at me from inside his locked pickup with the windows rolled up, and he yelled “I’M A MARINE!!” from inside his truck, NO BULLSHIT! This little puke was obviously NOT a USMC vet, because if he was, he’d have had the balls to at least debate me, because I proudly identified myself as a US Army OEF vet, and he hid from me. POSERS like him are SUCH fun to laugh at, and oh yes, other Obamites simply yelled at us, then rolled up their windows and drove off. Typical libtards!! :em41:

What’s that smell??? Smells like shit in the path of a fan … :em72:

Amazing how a Harvard Law degree makes jugears think he can run an auto giant when he can’t even put together his own cabinet.

The markets know better. Obama, being a socialist, remains ignorant of that fact. The government cannot run anything efficiently, or at a profit. Even the libs…now refusing to put their money where their mouth is, they just want you to do that. Sadly, I can’t. The economy Barney, my boy lollipop, Fag and Dodd tanked with their subprime scheme has cost me far too much. I have said, time and time again, to deaf ears and closed minds, this government is hell bent on taking over and running business. Although I laughed my ass off when I saw some white liberal lose his fucking job to a minority. Even some of the fucking unions are pissed at them. Think about that a while….the efficiency of the DMV, the courtesy of an unemployment office and the care of a socialist medical facility. And for any fool naive enough to think these libs in congress believe in egalitarianism……just try reducing their bennies to match yours…please, just try. It remains my hope the markets continue to resist. Or, if nothing else, the rich libs end up just as broke as the rest of us…….and would make easy targets for a vengeful populace. As for me? I’m buying food and ammo……sitting tight just watching….

I was thinking about posting about how sick this is. How this is Marxist socialism. How we’re on a very brief ride on the socialism train … next stop, Commie-town. How the Consitution is now only so much old paper with fancy writing. How America is now Defunct, Destroyed, … DEAD.

But, then I realized that I’ve said it all before. I’ve said it many times. I’ve said it here and elsewhere. And so have most of you.

I wish that I were a leader. I’m not. I inspire no one.

I wish that I were a leader so that I could take up arms TODAY and lead a Revolution. I can’t. But, not just because I’m not a leader. And, not just because there is no such leader for me to follow.

Mostly, it’s because there can be no hope of revolution. Half of the nation’s populace thinks that the Government (or, at least, Obama himself) is doing just fine. Nearly all of the rest think that talk of revolution is crazy-talk. That anyone who would engage in such thoughts or actions is just a terrorist, or a terrorist wanna-be. No revolution is possible under these circumstances.

No, for the most part, the American People will maintain this attitude and slowly (or quickly) watch as their Freedom is removed from beneath their lazy, ignorant (m)asses.

Meanwhile, anyone taking any action toward revolution or rebellion will be quickly arrested, tried, and jailed. Then, anyone thinking or discussing anything subversive to the government will simply be rounded up and jailed. This WILL happen. (go re-read the Missouri report on militias)

No. There never will be any revolution. This nation will slide into tyranny like an old man into a warm bath.

Would-be “revolutionaries” like myself will end up like everyone else, or end up in jail – missed by no one but our families.

Nathan Hale once said, “I only regret that I have but one life to give my country”

I say, “I only regret that I have one life that I’ll never get to give for my country”

I don’t know who I am more angry at, Jugears or the managment at GM that avoided making the tough call of bankruptcy and refusing to allow these socialist pricks get the grubby meathooks all over the company to begin with.
    Government is going to save GM and Chrysler??? O rly? The same assholes who irreemably fuck up damn near everything they touch, with the exetion of the military? The same opportunistic, sniveling grifters who have so effectively managed Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and the Freaking Post Office? And their big plan? Establish a board peopled by people who do not own American cars…if they own cars at all.

And now the Fresh Prez of Bill Ayers, a man with zero business experience gets to bypass the board of directors and decide all on his own who stays and who leaves these companies? If we no longer have private property rights, then we are screwed. Period.

makes me glad I’m a Ford man……I’m driving my third Explorer.

also makes me think that the management a Ford saw this kind of control coming and that’s why they turned down the TARP money.

A great point, Jaybear. I sincerely hope GM will become a strident lesson to other corporations against taking jugears’ filthy lucre.

Eyas….often I fear your mind-set may be correct. But I have seen denial crushed by a bankruptcy, along with hopes and dreams. Anger, a sense of betrayal is often a result. When little is produced, little can be stolen and shared. And if the producers are jailed or killed…… Yes, we do have those out there, millions of them, that would become catatonic and helpless. Yes, the losers amng us will rejoice…..and still have nothing. They do not aspire to climb, but rather have others descend. Perhaps it is indeed so the left will reap their desire, this nation rent asunder, to cease to exist, their self-hating self-destruction a dream in their minds. Yet I also feel millions of those like us might exact a vengeance payable only once. And from what I have seen, at least with civilians, the kill ratio would weigh heavily in our favor. I would feel such a thing…….I haven’t given up yet, one does not need to fight with only a gun………..that is my way too. Regardless, I would rather die than live in such a fashion.

richard says:

Eyas @:
    Man I hope you are wrong!

Well Jaybear…, my ’02 F-150 has been the best truck I have ever owned…however, I do own a Chrysler PT cruiser hi output turbo, she will be stashed in the garage, a government warranty…..???? :em41: ………but my little Hyundai Accent runs real well…..I may need it. At least they are all paid for, thank God. Back when I had some money.

LC HJ Caveman82952 sez:

Well Jaybear…, my ‘02 F-150 has been the best truck I have ever owned

I run my Explorers until they fall apart, they’re work vehicles and family trip vehicles and get a lot of mileage on them, I usually trade them when I hit around 200,000 miles……My latest is a big honkin’ V8 2003 Explorer XLT….shiny black, so I wouldn’t be welcome in California at all.

Rented a PT when we were in hawaii last summer, the boys hated it but I thought it was cool…..always liked the lines on those little buggers.

I hear ya’ Jaybear, Spunky, the PT, is our luxury car for the Other Half and I. All the bells and whistles, a very quick, nimble vehicle….and for old fuckers like us it brings back memories of old……..

Sir Guido Cabrone. LC, M.o.P. says:

Well, as ‘Dawg pointed out a while back…

The US Government couldn’t even manage to make a profit from a brothel…

And now they are telling a multi-national corporation how to operate?

WTF, Over? It’s getting closer and closer to lamppost redecorating time, I am after thinking…

FL_Outback says:

Just wait until the end of next summer, when food is scarce and people can’t afford to run their A/C’s

LC BogVojnyj says:

Eyas:

I wouldn’t be too sure about that…even many of the dumb asses who voted for Zero are getting serious buyer’s remorse. You’ve probably also heard of little gatherings like the Tea Parties. I’m fairly confident that the Republicans have a real chance to turn things around come 2010 and 2012. McLame failed to motivate the conservative base, but now the GOP have a fighting chance with the current clown in office (remember, a poll released last spring showed that 62% of Americans wanted less federal government). If push comes to shove…remember that there are 80 million gun owners in this country (myself included)…I’m sure I’m not the only one who wouldn’t take too kindly to tyranny.

Crunchie,

Can I say that’s an understatement?

Sir Guido Cabrone. LC, M.o.P. sez:

US Government couldn’t even manage to make a profit from a brothel…

trying to picture people lined up at the door demanding to be screwed by the government. :em99:
    maybe they should of put Barney Frank in charge. he had experience running a brothel.

Eyas, that’s a sad fucking attitude. You don’t think it may well indeed happen? You give up? :em72:

The LC formerly known as Ziske68 says:

Unfortunately, I think Eyas is closer to the truth than we would like to admit. A great number of people are either complicit in this socialist takeover, or will be easily be put to sleep with bread and circuses. Those of us who see the road ahead will be marginalized as ‘right-wing nuts’ or ‘domestic terrorists’ or ‘fringe’ actors by the MSM and dealt with accordingly by the gov’t ( see Ruby Ridge and Waco).
    Self-sustainability is impolitic and the province of the unhinged radical goes the mantra, and a large majority will standby and approve of the carnage wrought by our betters against those who cling to their freedoms as the God given gift that they once were ( see H.R. 875 to see how far they are willing to go).
    I can barely stand to look my daughter in the face anymore. I am ashamed of what we will have allowed to be done.

KArnold says:

I have my doubts about the government trying to run the giant automaker.

I think it was in the early 1990’s that the government – the IRS, specifically, seized the Mustang Ranch in Nevada and took a stab at running it. It was a miserable failure, of course, and the experiment ultimately failed. The Mustang Ranch went under.

So, what makes them think they have the smarts necessary to run a major industry when they couldn’t even turn a profit running a whorehouse?

The LC formerly known as Ziske68 says:

In a word. Hubris.

lc purple raider says:

Obama: The stupidity of a Ford, the criminality of a Clinton, the morals of a Kennedy, and the charm of a Stalin.

KArnold says:

@ purple raider:

GM under the control of the government: the quality control of the Postal Service, the customer service of the IRS, the profitability of the Department of Welfare, the public relations of the BATFE.

lc purple raider says:

And now Obama’s going to fix your car.

In the words of Buglas Rabbit, “What a Maroon.”

LuckyLeo says:

LC cmblake6, Imperial Black Ops Technician sez:

cmblake,

I agree.

Eyas @:

Eyas,

You want to know what it takes to be a leader? The main thing is a willingness to take charge.

The next thing is to hold true to the principles you know to be correct. If you worry about what “other people think”, you can never inspire ANYONE.

So what if they think we are nuts and call us names? I bet dollars to donuts that the Founding Fathers were thought the same exact way at first. There were royalists in the beginning of American Revolution as well. And I’ll also make a wager that many thought in Europe that the rebels were doomed to failure.

And look what happened, eh.

The way I see it: we either show some spine or we whimper in apathy. It really is that black and white. If we gonna have the spine, we better put some steel in it and use it to rise above the need for approval and acceptance from others who are too lazy, too ignorant or too cowardly to fight for their liberty.

Come on, the statists and their drones (useful idiots) HATE us anyway and have called us names and made us look like fools for years — YEARS. They are not interested in liking us or thinking well of us.

Look, if one is going to be scared in this fight, at least be scared of dying. Don’t be frightened of the so-called negative opinion of some nebulous “other people” who are willing to take it up the ass.

Also look it at it like this: maybe, just maybe those “other people” want to do something about it but are too afraid to or do not know what to do. Maybe those “other people” is just waiting for someone to take charge and tell them what to do.

Just think about that, Eyas. And please, no more of this sad-sack shit, okay. I understand, the discouragement one may feel in all of this — to see this idiocy and hear nothing about what is being done to counter it. But that is the point, do not expect to hear about it or hear about it accurately. You won’t. It will be another tactic to discourage you.

I, too fear that Eyas is correct. Like him, I am not a leader, and I do not yet see any other effective leaders; and I am looking. I will not be first, and alone, into the street with a weapon. I will be maybe a third or fourth, but I am no fan of empty gestures. I eagerly await the eruption. But with each passiing day, with each newly swallowed enormity, I fear that it may be too late, that we may have missed the moment, and that we will follow the trail of atomization and isolation.
    With history as my guide, I follow the path of other men trapped in dying civilizations, from Roman Britain to Muslim Britain, with a special emphasis on the anti-Soviet resistance. I remind you that, unbeknownst to outsiders, the Soviet Union was never completely cleansed of its resistance. Both the Estonian Forest Brethren and the Western Ukrainians of the Ukrainian National Army maintained actual guerrilla movements in the countryside until the early 1960s. In the cities and villages, other individuals remained hold-outs as stubborn dissidents. Some of their names, Shcharansky, Brodsky, Amalrik, Bukovsky, Solzhenitsyn are now famous. But then they resisted even without real hope. Thre are others less know, Valladares in Cuba, and brave people with names totally uncomprehensible to me in China, Burma, Viet Nam, Angola. Many of these individuals have had no reason to expect victory or liberation – ever. And yes, many of them died, but at least they died unsubdued. Many of them had little or no book learning, nor any ideology. All they knew was a simple – “This is wrong, it is crazy shit and I will not cooperate, no matter the consequence.” Ordinary people have done this, can we not aspire to resist too?

Until the revolution comes, I will fall back on individual resistance via non-cooperation. I will continue to maintain my own faith in my own sanity and reality through contact with friends, sharing knowledge, news and ideas. My friends and I shall continue to support and reinforce each others spirits. My friends? That is you. You, the ones who generally get emails from me on BCC:. You dear friends should understand that, though I may be supporting you and helping you keep in touch with the truth, even more, you are doing the same for me. It will be harder when I, when we, each have to go it alone, without Rush, Beck, the Emperor Misha I, and that day is coming. But we shall meet the challenge. When the orcs of his Civilian Security Force come for me, I will resist. If subdued or taken by guile, I will continue to resist. If defanged and put on a labor detail, I will dis-cooperate and demonstrate what a truly bad worker can be. This is not some heroic boast, just a statement of possibilities. I just cannot imagine how it would be possible for me, ever, to reconcile myself to the rule of that smirking, simpering monkey king. Can we speak of The Audacity of Defiance? :em96:

LuckyLeo says:

Aw hell,

Gonzo sums up the problem much better than I

Everyone should take a look

LC Jon Imperial Hunter says:

Allow me to resurrect an old saying from the fifties:

Better Dead Than Red

I will not live in the world they have in mind, let alone the one that they will unintentionally create with their arrogant and inept bungling.

Revolutions come about when enough people have been badly hurt and can see the truth of what is being done to them. Our job is to spread the word and hold on till that day comes. Meanwhile, there is still a chance in the next two elections to unseat these criminals and avoid bloodshed. If the Obongo gang retain control…..

We will have no choice but to fight. I will not go to my death without knowing I did all I could to restore my grandchildrens’ Rightful heritage.

Death to the Left!

LuckyLeo says:

Damn,

Here is another thing that makes the point I am trying to make all so much better.

Watch guys and do not “Shut Up!”

LC Jon Imperial Hunter says:

LuckyLeo @:

Two fine links, Leo. Thanks. Well said indeed.

Gonzo, especially, really has it nailed. Freedom isn’t free, and most people haven’t the wit to understand the stakes or the sand to pay the price.

Lc ORWN says:

The auto excecs. need to be fired because they are a bunch of spineless pussies that should have stood up when brought up in front of congress and were asked ” what is your plan for restructuring?”

their reply should have been ” we are hemmoraging money out of our asses, to many bills, not enough cash flow WE ARE FILING CHAPTER 11 so we can cut loose some of our debt we can’t pay for”

But then again the unions would have never stood for that.

The auto execs should have been fired for having performed as the punks for Reuther and Ron Gettelfinger, and other UAW bosses for the last fift plus years.

LuckyLeo,

Thank you fo two fine links, particularly SHUT UP. I can assure everyone I am physically and mentally incapable of doing so – except for brief periods when I’m stalking a victim or setting a snare.

The Alamo is not a place; it is a state of mind.

The Obameister speaks, and the Titans of Industry tremble. It didn’t take him long to go
    from president to dictator. When will we be issued our jackboots and armbands?
    Atlas shruggeth, indeed.

Seems all these industry tycoons didn’t read the fine print. No problem, they figure, let the government bail us out…….. Turns out it’s a tar baby of enormous reach and sinister purpose. One thought I find fascinating, if GM bails out in a BK, and Obama takes over…is he going to tell the UAW to make concessions? Strikes me as a win, win scenario. Move over, Jimmy Hoffa. First the war haters can’t cop to being betrayed, which they have been………now this in the future. Barney Frank now advocating regulating all the pay in these organizations. Yet congress gets an automatic pay raise. Ya’ gotta’ luv this shit!

And a new horror rears it’s ugly head. The Obamiester’s commie-of-the Week pick.
    The New York Post carries this story:

OBAMA’S MOST PERILOUS LEGAL PICK By MEGHAN CLYNE
    “JUDGES should interpret the Constitution according to other nations’ legal “norms.” Sharia law
    could apply to disputes in US courts. The United States constitutes an “axis of disobedience”
    along with North Korea and Saddam-era Iraq.”

Pissed off yet?? Read the rest of the story.
    Remove breakables from reach, unload the shotgun, and take your blood pressure meds, first.

VonZorch Imperial Researcher says:

I agree that the auto industry exec’s should haqve been fired. but the Obamanation should not be the one to do it.
    Eyas
    We may be in the minority, but the Founding Fathers did the job with not quite a third of the populations support.

Durn, forgetting my manners here. Being super-pissed will do that to a guy.
    Thanks and a h/t to
    LC & IB Nicki
    for the head’s up and the link.

richard sez:

Eyas @:
    Man I hope you are wrong!

Me Too.

LC cmblake6, Imperial Black Ops Technician @:

I haven’t given up the fight, nor given up waiting for the moment when I can fight along-side you, even if the “fighting” is only in the form of a tea party, other protest, or voting for a true conservative. What I’ve given up on is the hope that the American People will somehow one day wake up, realize that their freedoms have been taken from them, and join US. They won’t. I’ve given up the hope that one day Obama will cross some invisible line that causes general outrage and defiance among the general populace. There is no such line.

I felt bad about posting such a hopeless, pessimistic post, and I expected much more rebuke. And, I think Rurik actually stated my feelings better than I did. I won’t give up, and I won’t give in. I will become a pain in the leftist’s ass and the government’s ass whenever possible.

But, my hope that the majority of Americans would ever share my disgust with our government is fading rapidly. My expectation that anyone who calls themselves an American would be outraged at what the government has done in the last 6 months, has not been met.

Or maybe it has. I can’t really say how many Americans feel like we do. Polls (like yesterdays Washington comPost poll) cannot be trusted. What I can say is that there is still a majority of Americans who think that things are just fine gvernment-wise. The Tea Parties give me some hope, but they have thus far had little or no effect, and have not been reported widely or accurately.

I apologize for sounding defeatist, hopeless, or unnecessarily pessimistic. But, my level of frustration at the lack of outrage (or even interest) by the majority of Americans has been sky-rocketing lately.

Also, speaking of Tea Parties — I’ll tell everyone a little secret. The “Tea Partiers” and others planning or holding protests, are all protesting the wrong people. They (we) have misidentified the enemy. Tea Parties should NOT be held outside of statehouses — they should be held outside of tv studios. The headquarters of NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and major newspapers should be the TARGET of any protest.

I’ve several times cited this Abraham Lincoln quote: “Public sentiment is everything. With it nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed. ”

What this means is that in order for anything that we would like to happen, to actually happen — the leftist control of the MSM must be ended. Otherwise, we’ll be doomed to failure. In fact, if there ever were an actual armed revolution, I would strongly suggest that the MSM, and those individuals who comprise it, be the very first target(s). As it stands, the MSM is still our primary enemy. They are the front lines of the enemy.

The MSM is a shield for our government malfeasors. Nothing can be sucessfully accomplished with respect to the government without first overwhelming and dispatching this “shield”.

LC Jon Imperial Hunter says:

Eyas sez:

AMEN, Brother.

Better get started, lots of work to do.

LC Jon Imperial Hunter sez:

Eyas sez:
    AMEN, Brother.
    Better get started, lots of work to do.

Exactly. Know your enemy. And even more important, know your real enemy. And yes, that definitely includes all the wankers at your local network affiliates. Even, or especially, the cute and personable little anchor chick. That little cunt aspires to become the next Katie. Roaches are better squashed while they’re small.

Eyas @ 40: Hey, I understand. For now, we try to do it with protest and blogging, followed by voting. There are a LOT of people out there waiting for the first round to go downrange. And we have the strangest “allies” doncha know. Mehsud, the Paki Taliban, is planning something really glorious in DC, he says anyway. As much as I hate to say it myself, that could be a brilliant trigger for problem solving. It may take exactly that to set America on its feet again, together against the world. We may be fighting amongst ourselves, but you outside people best leave us alone (in a close paraphrase of Charlie Daniels).

And what the hell happened to the “edit” button?

LC Rurik @ 43: Brilliant! You saw V for Vendetta, yes? Nationwide tv, me droogs.

LC cmblake6, Imperial Black Ops Technician sez:

Thank you, but no, I’ve never seen, and do not really plan to see V for Vendetta. I don’t watch either TV or movies. Books, and the words of my fellow LCs, you included, (but not our LC trolls, and we all know who I mean) are a far, far better investment of my time.

LC cmblake6, Imperial Black Ops Technician sez:

I saw that movie when it first came on DVD. It left a bad taste in my mouth because it seemed to reflect the leftist fantasy that the eevil BushHitler was imposing a police state in America.

Now that Obama is President, the movie carries a lot more weight with me. I re-watched it recently & loved it.

Unfortunately, I kept expecting Jon Hurt’s chest to explode …. but that happens every time I see him.

expatchris says:

This happened in the Uk to the banks, Barclays turned down the poisened chalice, got summonsed to No10 and magic, they needed the loot after all, honest!. Maybe Obama should but GM and make the onions run it??? I honestly cannot see where this is going.
    By the way Skodas are better than any car made in north America, before Adolf did an Obama on Skoda it was arguably the best engineering company in the world.
    I am wondering when the Canadians will work out they will be ass-raped by this gangster.

StillWater says:

LC cmblake6, Imperial Black Ops Technician sez:

Do you think O Duce might welcome a war? “Started” by another country, of course…ala FDR…whose actions/policies he seems so intent upon duplicating

GamerFromJump says:

LC HJ Caveman82952 sez:

I’m thinking I’ll probably make a Hyundai or Kia my first ever new car purchase when the time comes. The South Koreans tooks the capitalism ball and ran with it, and I want to support them. Any suggestions along those lines for the budget-conscious?