The Supreme Court ruled that while it may be unconstitutional under the Commerce Clause, it is constitutional as a tax. Interestingly, in practice it is a tax that corporations and unions who contribute to the Democratic Party are exempt from. [preceding sentence added after publication -SB] The terms of rule by the government have been turned upside down. Whereas before it was expected that laws and government actions not be in violation of any part of the Constitution to be valid; the new measure of legitimacy, in this the 4th Year of Anno Obama Regnant, is that a law is valid if it can be construed as being constitutional under any tortured reading of any single part of the Constitution.
1) Based on this, anyone who gains power in both Congress and the White House can now do literally anything as long as they call it a tax. This fact will be remembered.
2) The Constitution can no longer be considered a protection from government tyranny, and in fact is functionally moot with a host of future implications.
3) We, as individuals, are about to be crushed by taxes and penalties.
4) The American health care system is gone. We will be left to whatever dregs remain, doled out and rationed by whatever party is in power; just like every other country where health care has been taken over by the government.
5) Any business in this country has to prepare for several contingency plans from this point on; dissolution and bankruptcy, downsizing drastically, moving operations or the company overseas, or moving operations underground. Controls on the movement of capital and currency are coming. As is the growth of the underground economy. Every dollar diverted from government seizure as taxes is now a patriotic act.
6) The split between Left and Right, shorthanded by Democrat and Republican, is now absolute. This was forced through by a Democrat controlled Congress, with no dissent, even by the supposed “moderate” Democrats. If there are ever meaningful elections in this country again; there is no reason for anyone who loves this country, what it was, and what it may yet be again to ever vote for a Democrat in any election at any level ever again. There are no “innocent” Democrats. If they declare themselves to be Democrats, take them at their word. They worship at the altar of absolute government power. If there are not meaningful elections again, and all restraints on government conduct are gone, all bonds of obedience and duty to the government are gone.
This does not mean that the Republicans, who enabled all of this by a refusal to stand and fight the Enemy throughout the last 3 ½ years are in any case “good”. It means that removal of Democrats from every office, at every level, is vital to the survival of the country. If you are bitten by a poisonous reptile and its jaws are still clamped on and the fangs are still pumping venom into your system; the first thing that you do is remove the head and jaws to get the fangs out.
After the Democrats are removed from any position of power; if the Republicans can be forced to do so, the same arrogation of government powers that created Obamacare has to be used to remove it [we cannot bring a knife to a gun fight], and every vestige of unconstitutional acts by the Democratic Party possible from American law, government, and society. If they cannot be so forced, they can go next. I do not expect them to turn against their Democrat colleagues, so we will deal with them when we come to that if we can.
7) The split between Democrat [and their natural allies further to the Left] and Patriot needs to go beyond politics and the current social division. Voter registration is a matter of public record. If you are choosing to do business with someone, look at their registration. If they are a Democrat, look for another person to do business with. Even if it costs more, because every dollar taken away from the supporters of the regime is also a patriotic act. If you are hiring [ok, after this, hiring is the last thing any business is going to have in mind; but sometimes you have to replace critical people] check party affiliation as part of your screening process. If you are laying off [and that will be common] Democrats need to be the first to go. No matter how good a worker they may appear to be. No matter how honest they appear to be, the country has come to a fork in the road. Choices of sides have been made. Anyone who supports the Democrats, cannot be trusted to do anything but betray every trust, every loyalty, every duty. The Democrats who are in Congress swore the Oath. It meant nothing to them.
In a number of venues I have referred to the Political Class as TWANLOC. Those Who Are No Longer Our Countrymen. It is a clumsy formulation, but I kept it because it is true. I think I have been justified by events.
I may not be alone in that belief. On June 15-16, 2012, the Rasmussen polling company did a survey of the American public. Only 22% believed that the current government has what the Declaration of Independence called, “the consent of the governed”.
My bent for studying history has made many think of me as being somewhat out of the ordinary [read that as bloody strange]. Yet, there is a certain comfort in relating current events with what has happened before. It is nice to have a guideline for the future, from those who did the right thing in the past. Sam Adams has been one of my favorite founding fathers. For some reason, the gathering at the Old South Meeting House in Boston on December 16, 1773 is coming to mind. The discussions closed when Sam Adams rose and said, “This meeting can do no more to save the country.” The time for just talk was over.
LC Subotai Bahadur, Lord Pao An