And barely had we finished typing out the last post until this latest attempt by the Enemedia to blame Orange Mad Bad For Everything™ showed up:
Man dies after ingesting chloroquine in an attempt to prevent coronavirus
Oh dear, we see where this is going.
An Arizona man has died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate — believing it would protect him from becoming infected with the coronavirus. The man’s wife also ingested the substance and is under critical care.
The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.
Kind of an important distinction, we’d say. Particularly in an article clearly designed with the object of blaming Orange Man for the death of this unfortunate illiterate.
The name “chloroquine” resonated with the man’s wife, who asked that her name not be used to protect the family’s privacy. She’d used it previously to treat her koi fish.
“I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, ‘Hey, isn’t that the stuff they’re talking about on TV?'”
Not really, no. And if you’d had the IQ that G-d granted koi fish, you’d have asked your doctor before you started self-medicating with a substance that you knew absolutely nothing about.
The couple — both in their 60s and potentially at higher risk for complications of the virus — decided to mix a small amount of the substance with a liquid and drink it as a way to prevent the coronavirus.
A “small amount?” At this point, it would be useful if journojizzmers were familiar with math on at least a minimal, pre-school level, because then the article might have been at least marginally informative but, then again, if they’d been able to pass pre-school math, then they wouldn’t have ended up having to go to journo school to get a degree of some sort.
On Monday, Banner Health, based in Arizona, said the couple took the additive called chloroquine phosphate.
The couple unfortunately equated the chloroquine phosphate in their fish treatment with the medication —known as hydroxychloroquine
“Unfortunately?” That’s on the same level as “unfortunately” mistaking H2O for H2SO4. They’ve both got H2 in them, don’t they?
that has recently been touted as a possible treatment for COVID-19, which has infected more than 42,000 people in the U.S. and killed at least 462.
Oh, so this couple’s unfortunate failure to maybe, we don’t know, ask a medical professional prior to gobbling down random chemicals is all the fault of Orange Man Bad™
, of course it is.
Thing is, none of this would have likely happened if the Enemedia, of which NBC is a part, hadn’t been spending the last several weeks ginning up an irrational, paranoid hysteria among people who don’t know any better.
You want to blame somebody?
Look in the fucking mirror, you whoring ghouls.
Keep choking that chicken.
Wall, Rifle, Journalist. Some assembly required.