...2009 Archives...

Now that the jug-eared, lawn-jockey and house negro for the dhimmicrat party has his scrawny ass parked in the Oval Office, it’s time for him and his toadies, to get busy, shredding, twisting and shitting on the constitution.  Nice to have your own cock-holsters in congress running interference for you isn’t it? I guess you did learn something from licking Ayer’s ass crack in Chi-Town, eh Obambi?

Big Brother’s new target: Tracking of all firearms
‘Nothing less than a declaration of war on American gun owners’

Oh Reallllly? We have a LOT more than you do bitch. Bring it on. Don’t make the mistake of even thinking that LEOs and the military are going to back your pathetic, mewling ass on this one. Keep it up, and don’t bother running when it comes back to haunt you. Not that it ever will, fortunately your psychotic brethren recognize that certain things will not only hurt their re-election chances, but might even cause an unfortunate cessation of requisite vital physiological signs. Very inconvenient, if you’re about to get some oral gratification from a page or intern ya’ know?

U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., is hoping to pass a firearm-licensing bill that will significantly rewrite gun-ownership laws in America.

Bzzzzt, wrong answer. Were you napping when SCOTUS decided the Heller vs. D.C. case? Sorry shit-stain, you CANNOT change the constitution by fiat or legislation. We do have the means to accomplish that, but you won’t like it….bitch.

Among the more controversial provisions of the bill are requirements that all handgun owners submit to the federal government a photo, thumb print and mental heath records. Further, the bill would order the attorney general to establish a database of every handgun sale, transfer and owner’s address in America.

Sure, that will guarantee that every goblin in the U.S. will jump in line to sign-up with all the necessary paperwork. Hell it wouldn’t even create jobs for producing forged documents to support administration of the ludicrous litany of bullshit.

The bill claims its purpose is “to protect the public against the unreasonable risk of injury and death associated with the unrecorded sale or transfer of firearms to criminals and youth.”

It’s for the chillllllrrrrennnnn…why would anybody be against that? What is it about these GFW sphincters that can’t or refuse to understand, e.g. criminals don’t give a hoot-in-hell about the law, and will always ignore any and all ways to stop them, short of someone going “Mozambique” on their worthless carcasses.

Columnist David Codrea of Guns Magazine, however, calls it a “ridiculous affront to liberty.”

Sorry Dave, you have a gift for the understatement. This is a direct, unabashed threat to the 2nd Amendment and that friends is the one amendment that “We The People” have to prevent assholes like you from shoving the loss of G-d given rights down our throats. The Constitution, since you’ve obviously never read it, spells it out rather succinctly. Our rights are endowed by the Creator and NOT some useless afterbirth with a title and an (R) or (D) behind it. Besides that the issue is entirely within the jurisdiction of State’s Right IAW the 20th amendment.

“This is nothing less than a declaration of war on American gun owners,” Codrea writes on Gun Rights Examiner.

Damn straight it is. Is Bobby Boy gonna show up at everyone’s door to enforce this legislation? ………..*crickets chirping* didn’t think so.

Rush’s proposed bill, H.R. 45, is alternatively known as “Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009,” named after an Illinois teenager killed by a gunshot.

Of course, what’s not mentioned is the perp was 16 years old and couldn’t have bought a gun via legal means with EXISTING gun laws. That’s OK however, we can always count on bottom-feeding politicians to give the GFWs a good “Hoover” whenever they feel the need to pander to someone, anyone.

According the bill’s text, “On the afternoon of May 10, 2007, Blair Holt, a junior at Julian High School in Chicago, was killed on a public bus riding home from school when he used his body to shield a girl who was in the line of fire after a young man boarded the bus and started shooting.”

Yes indeed and by all accounts, Blair was a hero. With that aside, all the pandering pustulent politicians can do fuck-all to stop it, with yet another useless piece of legislation.

The bill then argues that interstate firearm trafficking and children dying from gun violence create legitimate cause for the federal government to monitor gun ownership and transfers in new ways.

Ja, Ja, ve must haf the Juden gun-owners to blame. This will give us license to take ‘drastic’ steps to stop right?

If passed, the bill would make it illegal to own or possess a “qualifying firearm” – defined as any handgun or any semiautomatic firearm that takes an ammunition clip – without a “Blair Holt” license. [Emph Mine-JB]

WTF? Does one have to study to sound this stupid? I suppose next we’ll arm our LEOs like Barney Fife. One bullet in the right side shirt pocket and an empty holster.

To obtain a “Blair Holt” license, an application must be made that includes a photo, address, all previous aliases, thumb print, completion of a written firearm safety test, release of mental health records to the attorney general and a fee not to exceed $25.

If we required release of mental health records inside the beltway, we’d have 535 new vacancies in congress and more in the White House.

Further, the bill makes it illegal to transfer ownership of a qualifying firearm to anyone who is not a licensed gun dealer or collector. Exceptions to this rule include transfer to family members by gift or bequest and loans, not to exceed 30 days, of a firearm for lawful purposes “between persons who are personally known to each other.”

Hey buddy, I have this urge to off a few people, can I have your pistol for 25 days or so? Who the hell is writing this shit? Perhaps we need to see the mental health records of them. I detect a bit of schizophrenia in that little blurb.

The bill also requires qualifying firearm owners to report all transfers to the attorney general’s database. It would also be illegal for a licensed gun owner to fail to record a gun loss or theft within 72 hours or fail to report a change of address within 60 days.

Sounds all good to the teh Brady Bunch™, but exactly who are you going to enforce this tyrannic piece of legislation with?

And if a minor obtains a weapon and injures someone with it, the owner of the gun – if deemed to have failed to meet certain safety requirements – faces a multiple-year jail sentence.

So, a 16 year old gang bangah from da’ hood steals your firearm and uses it, that means they come knocking on my door to arrest me? Try that little gambit in these parts and you’ll find it might sound good on paper but actual enforcement is a few quantum levels above what your trying to accomplish, and a little bird tells me it could be a tad dangerous IYKIM.

H.R. 45 is a resurfacing of 2007’s H.R. 2666, which contained much of the same language and was co-sponsored by 15 other representatives and Barack Obama’s current chief of staff, Rahm Emmanuel. H.R. 2666 was assigned to the House Judiciary committee, where no action was taken.

Just like all turds, they keeping floating to the surface.

H.R. 45 currently has no co-sponsors and is likewise assigned to the House Judiciary committee.[Emph Mine-JB]

Imagine that, Bobby Wanker not even your fellow vermin are willing to go there. I have to give them credit for consistency in looking out for their own interest at the end of the day. Nevermind how their constituents might react.

…mheh…

Carry On…..

Tags: ,

64 Responses to “And So It Starts”

Reply  |  Quote

I propose we give all the Conservatives in Illinois a chance to haul ass out of there and then we just wall it up and leave those ingrates to do themselves in. That state is a festering shithole that makes Louisiana look positively pure as the driven snow.

Reply  |  Quote

The only way I would support a federal firearms license is if it was 1) must issue, 2) unlimited concealed carry, and 3) no registration of any firearms.
    By unlimited concealed carry I mean that no restrictions would be placed on what, where, when, or how many by any authority, be it state, federal or local.
    Since it ain’t gonna happen, I ain’t gonna support it.
    Mrs M, we’ll throw a big damn fence up around it and keep the ones who live…inside the fence, of course.

glasshalfempty says:
    Reply  |  Quote

Scoundrel I have to agree wholeheartedly with you on that one. Also, what do you think are the odds that “We, the People” would get to vote on something like that? Of course we simple proles wouldn’t be able to make such an important decision so the voting will take place behind a close-door session of congress with no input from the masses. After all, they know what’s best for us plebians, no?

Reply  |  Quote

Even though I am not a gun owner, I am not comfortable with this. One of the first laws in Nazi germany was forbidding us jjjooooss private gun ownership. Let’s make sure our rights stay intact.

Reply  |  Quote

Damn, why are you holding back? Tell us how you really feel.
    And of course you know my statement:
    Remember your oath of enlistment? REMEMBER YOUR OATH OF ENLISTMENT! ALL enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC! :em96:

Reply  |  Quote

“Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.” –Thomas Jefferson: his motto.

LC LittleRott84 says:

LC Mrs. M-ITT™-Imperial Sniper @:
    Tell me about it. If I could find work (on both the civilian and military side of the coin) and a place to live, I would pack my Saturn and haul ass out to Texas.

LC LittleRott84 sez:

LC Mrs. M-ITT™-Imperial Sniper @:

Email me at bbmmfd at gmail.com … we’ll talk.

dramboozie says:
    Reply  |  Quote

I wish I could write like that. Them words warm my heart. My husband and I have a pretty decent arms collection and we were discussing these preposterous proposed laws and the ammo laws with some dimwits that have no clue about firearms or have no ambition to even own a slingshot and one of them asked us “if law says you can’t have any firearms or firearms of a particular kind of firearm and you don’t give them up and they try to take them away from you with force would you actually go to jail for your gun?” My husband told him, “no, I wouldn’t go to jail for my gun, I would take the bullet and die first.” I backed up his words and they looked shocked and told us we were crazy. I am through trying to talk to them or convince them and I have loved ones that think the same way they do.

btenney says:
    Reply  |  Quote

Wasn’t Bobby Rush one of those Amatuer terrorists in the 60s? Like Bill Ayers.

Reply  |  Quote

I know it’s early (just after 9am) here where I am, but I want to be sure I understand this. A handgun with a clip should be make illegal. But one without a clip would NOT be?

Are the bullets from a handgun with a clip deadlier than those one from a handgun without?

I think from now on I’ll just tell people I’m from Nebraska. Yeah, we had Chuck Hagel, but even HE’S not as loony tunes as this guy from Illinois.

Reply  |  Quote

I thought our resident apologist told us that the Odumbo administration had NO INTENTION of taking our guns.

dramboozie says:

btenney sez:

Wasn’t Bobby Rush one of those Amatuer terrorists in the 60s? Like Bill Ayers.

He was a Black Panther…I think!

dramboozie says:
    Reply  |  Quote

BTW Mark Rudd (one of the Weatherman founders) name was brought up by Brokaw on msnbc while he was covering the coronation. He was applauding the fact he ran into Rudd at a party celebrating the coronation. Rudd was so grateful of the fact that Brokaw had been real nice to him in a documentary. Rudd is another terrorist like Ayers who got away with his treason and went to NM to be a professor or something. He has a book coming out in March about his days as a nonviolent war protestor in the 60’s.

Us, gun toters and gun rights advocates are a danger to society! But Ayers, Rudd and the old violent terrorists from the 60’s are heroes and serve our country proud now!
    There is something not quite right about that picture!

LC Fmwoods01 says:

dramboozie @:

There is something not quite right about that picture!

The inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Reply  |  Quote

There is something not quite right about that picture!

That’s “liberal america” for ya. They worship scum. :em72:

Patriot-Dad says:
    Reply  |  Quote

I wonder how it is even possible for the government to even think it’s possible to even try to “register” ALL gun owners! THESE ARE THE IDIOTS WE ELECT? (OK… NOT ROTTIES!!!)This pisses me off so bad that our own “Representatives” Don’t know or understand our Constitution or what an INALIENABLE RIGHT is. SELF PROTECTION GOES BACK TO THE DAWN OF HUMAN EXISTANCE ! Jefferson thought there would be another revolution 20-30 years after the first . Makes me wonder whats on the horizon. May God help us all but help OUR Children the most!

AgTiger says:

Re these proposed restrictions:

The HONEST man says, “I won’t do that, ever. It’s reprehensible, and such restrictions have no place in our society, under our Constitution.”

The DISHONEST man says, “I have no intention of ever putting something like that in place.” That’s politician-speak for, “As soon as I have access to the levers of power, this is EXACTLY what I’m going to ram down your pathetic throats.”

And that’s exactly what these dishonest men are doing.

Reply  |  Quote

Easy. jugears comes from a state (Ill-annoys) that registers people who dare to their Second Amendment rights. So he assumes everyone else will roll over for him.

Something else to remember about jugears and firearms…

He hates them and especially their owners.

annoyinglittletwerp says:
    Reply  |  Quote

i would love to get out of the peoples republic-unfortunately tomm we are moving for the fourth time since june of 2006.
    Mike the former Marine works in Chicago and doesn’t want to move again for a long time-so I’m stuck.
    :em38: :em41: :em98:

Carry On(e)…

‘(e)’ added…. as a resident of Texas…I do everyday!!! :em02:

Reply  |  Quote

I chuckled reading this…as JB knows, I’ve been following it and sent out a brief terse e-mail.
    If enacted, I will not comply.
    I’m not doing penence for some fucking Black Panther. And don’t wait up for my info unless you like insomnia.
    I will not comply…and all that means. Yes, you lefties reading this…..you gun fearing chicken shits reading this…this is for you……… :em96: Molon labe, motherfuckers! TALK IS CHEAP, GO FOR IT!
    My police chief and mayor are both Marines.
    My state senator and assembly man are both pro gun. funny about rural districts.
    My congressional rep is A rated by the NRA, a demorat no less.
    So talk your shit, spew your bile………..the republicans could do themselves a great favor by filibustering this trash. Note no co-signers. Well, political suicide is like that, just ask Al Gore, or mention the ‘94 congressional elections. So spare me the bullshit about this being reasonable. I won’t be reasonable either, not by your standard. So take a gander at my avatar, sixteen rounds, rapid fire, a .45 at ten yards, all in the black or bull..the target thirteen inches across. And I’m not that good, but all of those shots would have struck home…….so do you feel lucky?
    I cop an attitude even writing this shit…worthless assholes!

Cheryl says:
    Reply  |  Quote

Mheh. That reminds me of those signs you see in stores, “For your protection, the management reserves the right to inspect all shopping bags.”

B-b-but Ayers is a “Distinguished professor” according to the Canuckistani media.

That state [IL] is a festering shithole that makes Louisiana look positively pure as the driven snow.

Goll-ee, and me thinking it were a tossup between NY and NJ for that honor. :em03:

Reply  |  Quote

Who the hell is writing this shit?

Someone who never read the Constitution, and is hoping you didn’t, either.

What do you expect from a government that is so racist that it wants to spend taxpayer dollars to kill brown, black and yellow babies all over the world?

This should only be a surprise to people who weren’t paying attention.
    ‘Bitter clingers’, indeed.

LC Draco sez:

Carry On(e)…
    ‘(e)’ added…. as a resident of Texas…I do everyday!!!

Mine is so well behaved I take her to Church with me. :em93:

madtom says:
    Reply  |  Quote

I remember (not personally. I’m a student of the medi-eval) When you needed a ‘licence’ to carry the weapon of choice in those days. This was before gunpowder made it to Europe. Somehow those pigstickers that everyone carried, so you could like eat food ya know,(this was before the fork came along. Need to cut the meat and get the veggies to yer mouth, Eh?) were everyways as effective as the ‘longknives’ as long as you weren’t willing to play by the rules. Chivalry and stuff. It was Heinlein who said ‘an armed society is a polite society’. Funny thing, it’s a free society as well. Imagine that.

LC Mrs. M-ITT™-Imperial Sniper sez:

LC Draco sez:
    Carry On(e)…
    ‘(e)’ added…. as a resident of Texas…I do everyday!!!

Mine is so well behaved I take her to Church with me.

but…..but…isn’t a Church a ‘gun free’ zone? :em93:

I am waiting on AggieSith to get her CHL. I promised her one of these -> http://www.coronadol.....mp;n=11378

LC FORGER says:
    Reply  |  Quote

When I was growing up, I often doubted that I would reach old age due to a Soviet nuke.

Then the Cold War ended, the Soviet Union collapsed, and I started to wonder which of the myriad afflictions such as cancer, heart disease, strokes and so on, that run thru both sides of my family would punch my ticket.

But once again, I find myself thinking less about natural causes and more about my demise coming at the hands of some government zombie that doesn’t even know I exist, only this time it’s my own government that’s pushing the button…..

StealthArcher says:
    Reply  |  Quote

Hey come on! Quit bashing my country for this. Or at least blame Ontario.

Imperial Librarian Azygos says:

JB,

It won’t be enforced by regular LEO. They will pass some kind of odd tax and have the terrorist goons at the IRS enforce this or the ATF. They’ll pick on people one at a time in a way that will make it difficult to band together and fight them off.

Big Brother’s new target: Tracking of all firearms
    ‘Nothing less than a declaration of war on American gun owners’

I’m not so sure about this one. I’m sure you’re probably right about most military, but I’m less confident in the National Guard. Some might refuse, some might go along.

As for LEOs, I think that very few would refuse an order to confiscate a private citizen’s lawfully owned gun. I think that there are a large percentage of LEOs — especially Federal LEOs (FBI, ATF, etc) who would like nothing better. On a State and Local level, probably more Officers would refuse to carry out such an order; but I think there is still a large percentage (maybe even a majority) that wouldn’t even question a directive to take privately owned guns.

Don’t get me wrong, some would (perhaps many would) but when faced with a decision to follow orders or lose one’s job, I think that even officers who don’t want to do it, would do it. I think that there would be a disconnect in thinking that would allow them to view what they would be doing as an isolated local action that wouldn’t have nation-wide repercussions. And if officers all across the country take this view, then it does become a nation-wide issue. It’s a sort of “Tagedy of the Commons” where each officer would think that the impact of his individual action was de minimis, but all such individual decisions, when added together, make a big problem.

I think it’s important to remember this when thinking along the lines of Heston “when they take it from my cold dead hands.” If confiscation comes to pass, the people who will be knocking on your door will be LEOs – perhaps even officers that you know and like – and the option of defending your right to the death might require something that I don’t think anyone here likes to contemplate — i.e., shooting a cop!

I know that Rotts are not the type for bluster, or saying things that they don’t mean. So I couldn’t really say something snide, like “talk is cheap,”; but I think everyone needs to do a little daydreaming about what an ACTUAL, real-life situation would look like in which you chose to defend – to the last – your right to own a gun. Not suggesting that folks here aren’t up to it, or aren’t serious; just that the actual defense of one’s Second Amendment rights — when they actually show up at your door to take your weapon — would be very ugly.

Maybe I’m belaboring the obvious, but I don’t see many posts along these lines.

YGBSM says:
    Reply  |  Quote

As I read this proposed gun control bill, I am quite alarmed to say the least. But as a longtime gun owner, I am glad Rep. Rush (D) has introduced this bill. Why? Because it drops the mask of the Democrats. Shows their true colors. Yes, let those who have lied to conservatives, double-talked and bamboozled moderate democrats, finally expose themselves as to what they truly are and be on record as supporters of gun control.

Let there be a fight, the fight. Let Bobby Rush & co. sound their call to war. Allow them to make this polarizing issue their hill to stand and die upon. Let’s see them ignore an overwhelming majority of Americans. Let’s see them fritter away their support with a battle over the Constitution (which somehow remains intact despite all their insistance that Bush/Cheney destroyed it).

Will Obamaaa support this bill? He’d love to, but he would be a political fool. I think he’s a know-nothing empty suit, but I would be surprised if he joins Messrs. Rush & co. for the showdown on the hill. He realizes better than his followers that he is a reaction to Bush/Republican unpopularity and above all else, his support came via a lousy economy – not as an agent of social and moral change. For sure, he’ll try to rachet up societal “changes” best he can, but if those changes conflict with his career, he’ll sit them out.

So let’s have the fight; we’ll see who stands when the smoke has cleared.

In the wise words of Captain Parker at Lexington & Concord, 1775 “Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.”

Off-topic (mostly)

madtom sez:

I read a bunch of Heinlein when I was younger. It actually had a fairly profound effect on the way that I think about things – especially the quotes of Lazarus Long in Time Enough for Love.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of his quotes? I can only find partial lists online.

Here’s one partial list that starts with the quote Madtom mentioned:

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat.

Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors… and miss.

Being right too soon is socially unacceptable.

By cultivating the beautiful we scatter the seeds of heavenly flowers, as by doing good we cultivate those that belong to humanity.

Don’t ever become a pessimist… a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.

Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy.

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done.

For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I don’t see how an article of clothing can be indecent. A person, yes.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.

It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.

It’s an indulgence to sit in a room and discuss your beliefs as if they were a juicy piece of gossip.

“Love” is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own… Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.

Never insult anyone by accident.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it’s supposed to do.

No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.

One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.

One man’s “magic” is another man’s engineering. “Supernatural” is a null word.

One man’s theology is another man’s belly laugh.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.

Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Sex without love is merely healthy exercise.

The difference between science and the fuzzy subjects is that science requires reasoning while those other subjects merely require scholarship.

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.

Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn’t there. Theologians can persuade themselves of anything.

There is no way that writers can be tamed and rendered civilized or even cured. the only solution known to science is to provide the patient with an isolation room, where he can endure the acute stages in private and where food can be poked in to him with a stick.

They didn’t want it good, they wanted it Wednesday.

To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy – and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful.

When a place gets crowded enough to require ID’s, social collapse is not far away. It is time to go elsewhere. The best thing about space travel is that it made it possible to go elsewhere.

When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.

Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don’t ever count on having both at once.

Eyas sez:

that’s definitely something to think about……I have always been the type that tries to get “around” the system somehow, be it legally or (once or twice) illegally. I do have a safeguard against confiscation of ALL my firearms in place now, but won’t divulge what it is. Just know that the keyword in that last sentence is ALL.

funny thing, there is a loophole here if you want to argue semantics, read this statement carefully:

My Kimber Classic is fed from a magazine, not a clip…..does that disqualify it???? :em02:

Send lawyers guns and money
    The shit has hit the fan
    Send lawyers guns and money

LC Draco sez:

I am waiting on AggieSith to get her CHL. I promised her one of these -> http://www.coronadol.....38;n=11378

Ooooooohhh….Lucky Aggie! :em69: *where’s that drool emoticon??*

I was about to say the same thing Jaybear. Count on a dumbass GFW to not know a magazine from a hole in the ground. :em98:

madtom says:
    Reply  |  Quote

Eyas. ‘The notebooks of Lazarus Long’ is in the catalogue. I don’t know if its still in print. My personal favorite, which I can’t keep straight in my old age, is the one that ends with ‘Specialization is for insects’. Words to live by.

dramboozie says:
    Reply  |  Quote

Every cause has to have martyrs. So if the shot is fired and a brother in arms goes down for his 2nd Amendment rights what do the rest of us do? Will there be mass protesting and uprising in the Nation? What would be the reaction?

LC Robohobo says:

I love that line.

Jaybear – Good point. So are all of my semi-autos. Magazines are what hold the dangerous parts. Without them the firearms is just a badly designed club. That is where Fedzilla will go to stop the 2nd Amendment. Watch.

I knew at some point that Fedzilla would make me a criminal. I will not register or comply. Practice this line:

I sold them to a friend/at a gun show months ago and he moved since then.

I am trying to find a job down Texas way. I was in the running for one as a site manager in Dallas but a local guy got it. The Republic of Texas may the last bastion of free men within the next few years/months.

Cheryl says:
    Reply  |  Quote

Hey come on! Quit bashing my country for this. Or at least blame Ontario.

Heh! Everyone hates Ontario. Actually, StealthArcher, I’ve had many good times there, and will be going back in a couple of weeks. I was surprised to find a Conservative talk show station in Toronto. Thought they were against the law. There’s hope yet. :em69:

Reply  |  Quote

Hey come on! Quit bashing my country for this. Or at least blame Ontario.

Actually, I have always had a good time in Toronto, and I was hanging around reasonable people last time I was in Ottawa.

Reply  |  Quote

The real question is how would we know? Think about who controls the media. Any such event would be painted in Waco-like terms, you know, brave government agents serving a lawful warrant who were suddenly and unexpectedly fired upon by some truely whacked out nut job (Remember, they want mental health records, and acurate portrayals are not the fourth estate’s strong suit at this juncture in history), so they had to respond with deadly force to protect the innocent gungrabbers who were doing their duty. That’s if it is reported at all.

No, if there is a chance to avoiding such slander and the inevitable picking us off one by one, then they must be convinced that passage of such a provocation will be treated as such. When our servants forget to fear our wrath, the roles will become reversed.

Assassin 6 says:
    Reply  |  Quote

I fear that BISW’s above comments are true. It will be one at a time and couched in terms of mental illness or non-payment of taxes by the gun owner. The free flow of news and information is the way to prevent this.

MasterGuns Imperial Swampmaster says:

I will keep mine.

Semper Fi

Reply  |  Quote

I’m with you Jaybear…..and am smiling. Yeah, I noticed it too, considering my new revolver. Yes, I do believe I have done as you have…..in many respects. :em93:

LC Spare Parts says:
    Reply  |  Quote

Consider the possibility of this bill being a feint. As “socialized medicine is #1 on the libs want list, the real danger could be antecedant to that issue. The despots who most want this to become law cannot wait to use it as a tool for controlling the populace in any way they can reach. If the federal government controls
    health insurance and the disbursal of benefits, only those with assets in 7 figures will not be subject to their diktat. Any gun owner with a medical problem they can’t cover with their own checkbook will be in their crosshairs just like smokers and all who are more than 2lbs. overwight. Need an MRI? Remit your sidearms.
    Either that; or it could be a prelude to punitive taxation ala Moynahan. Trial balloon or real threat; there’s more on the way.

dramboozie sez:

I’m afraid that Blackiswhite may be right. The media controls how such things are interpreted by the masses.

I think that one thing to do is to have a sort of hotline between yourself and your gun owning neighbors. If there’s advance notice that law enforcement will be coming for one person’s guns, it would be nice if they showed up to confiscate ONE person’s firearms — only to find 20 or 30 townsfolk standing outside. At first, I imagined every gun owner showing up armed, but an unarmed sit-in style protest might be more effective (especially if the LEOs “accidentally” shoots one of the unarmed protesters).

Alternatively, if things get VERY bad, a rear roadblock and ambush from the rear might be effective.

LC Old Dog says:

LC Robohobo sez:

I sold them to a friend/at a gun show months ago and he moved since then.

Try checking over Arizona way, we can open carry over here. Although Texas does have that 51% rule that Nepolitano vetoed for us!

Oh Dear God, she run Homeland Security now. At least she ain’t here no more!

LC BOATS says:
    Reply  |  Quote

At the first sign of them going to someone’s home to take guns mine will disapear. When they show up for mine all I can say is I knew that guns were to be outlawed so instead of loseing the money I paid for them I sold them last summer at a yard sale to some guy. What I believe will happen is they will wait until our generation has passed and the one that they trained ——— ( indoctrinated )while they were in school will be much more willing to have their guns taken –if they have any . Possibly if it gets down to it Ill give them my guns but only after I give them my ammo. :em96:

LC Xystus says:

Imagine this:

All Congresstypes & bureaucrats will be fingerprinted & required to pass a Constitutional exam…

I “daydream” a lot; thinking ahead about all kinds of imaginable consequences can keep a guy out of trouble! :em93:

Now there’s an example (or two) of just such forward thinking.

My own preference is that we don’t wait to be attacked; instead we take our fight to the enemy in a manner of our choosing. I’m not trying to offer a plan now–but one might consider, for instance, to put it crudely, how many Crunchie-grade veterans it may require to secure the Temple of Jupiter Great Whorehouse on Jenkin’s Hill. Anyhow, as Master Sun noted, all warfare is based on deception.

LCJackboot says:
    Reply  |  Quote

Thank you so much LCs, I think this a feint as much as many of you have alluded to. We need to be on guard for the really damaging accosts to our unalienable freedoms. This egregious piece of legislation will never make it out of committee, no matter how much 1600 Pennsy is behind it. Nonetheless, we must be prepared to separate the wheat from the chaff. Our response MUST be in alignment with the actual dangers to our freedoms. I would wager that few co-sponsors will be willing to stake their continued re-election to congress and the Senate on such an egregious affront to our constitionally guranteed rights. Nonetheless, they expect a negative response and it’s our duty to attack it on all fronts. Be damned the MSM generated support (without actual reality) to interfere with it. This is Lesson #1 for the next 4 years. They’ll float trial balloons with this and many other third-rail issues. Merely feeling out the opposition. One thing we can be certain of, there are very, VERY few of the ruling class that are ready, willing and able to get behind what they KNOW to be a suicidal plan. It’s our duty to identify, spread far and wide what they’re proposing, to expose their true intention for our Freedoms. Resist, Fight and spread the word that our flanks are being exploited, to determine where they will truly attack us.

Brave Hearts, fellow Citizens of a Free Republic, don’t be snookered into a false front. The worst is yet to come.

G-d’sWill be done and Freedom as intended by the Creator SHALL reign over this Republic.

-JB