You Got What You Wished For, Usurper, Now Enjoy It

Not much to add to the posts below, really.

Until Barack Hussein Obama has proven his eligibility for the office, he is not my president.

Until Barack Hussein Obama’s paid henchmen in ACORN have been investigated thoroughly and, if found guilty, punished to the full extent of the law, he is not my president.

He can play president all he wants, ignorant fools often get a huge kick out of indulging in their delusions, and his mindless followers can bleat and bray about their Anointed One at the top of their lungs, but he still isn’t my president.

I owe him no loyalty, I owe him no allegiance and I owe him no respect. All of that he has to earn, because he puts his pants on the same way as I every morning, one leg at a time.

The only thing owed by me is covered by my Oath, and that was not given to any son or daughter of man, it was given to the Constitution, the sacred foundation of our nation. The pathetic trappings of office that he surrounds himself with, the waves of adulation washing over him from his braindead sycophants in the Obamedia, all of that is but dust in the wind and I regard it with the same indifference that I show toward a worm writhing under my foot as I step on it. Here today, gone tomorrow. He, too, shall pass.

But my Oath is forever, and so is the document, the nation to which I swore it. His every word, his every deed, every “law” that his Congress passes shall be weighed, by me, against the words put down by our Founders centuries ago and, if found wanting in any way, I shall ignore them as I would ignore a fly hitting the windshield of my car.

And if he and his tyrannical henchmen try to force me to obey his illegal orders, laws and regulations, I shall meet them with force as well. If I die, I shall die a free man. If I live, I shall have done my country a great favor.

Either way, I shall have done my duty.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

So help me G-d.

Well, said, Misha……. I will do everything in my power to oppose any policies contrary to the Constitution and my personal beliefs. The letters I compose, printed in our local paper, to my words when appropriate, to my writings to others, to oppose with all my abilities this spiritually bereft reality they seek to impose. The second amendment is sancrosanct. It needs to be realized they cannot enforce any mandate if the American people say no. They haven’t the power. There will be no repeat of Katrina. I must admit, today, for the first time, I actually enjoyed watching the Dow drop over three hundred. As for the dancing elves, at first appalled at their giddy stupidity, then laughing at them. For like a sine wave or the down side of mania……………reality will sink in over time. I’ve done what i could, actually fairly serene over the whole deal. Now to simply, watch, listen and learn…..and wait to see what time has to tell; much preferring to simply go to work, engage my hobby of target shooting, and to enjoy the company of friends.

When you’re ready, I’ll draw their fire.. :em69: :em04: :em69:

Hear, Hear!

Cover fire inc!! :em96:

And ppl think we are blow-hards…they know not what we are. One day the Sleeper will awake, and God help ’em.

LC gahaze says:

You got that shit right, Misha. He is not my President. His government is not my
    government. I denounce and repudiate them all. His calls for “service” fall on deaf ears.
    I have a lifetime of labor and taxation behind me, and they will get no more from me.

If it’s *service* he wants, then let him round-up his milling mindless mendicant minions,
    and put them to work in the onion fields. Then we won’t need illegal migrant farm labor
    anymore. More, he can add the Board of the Federal Reserve, and the CEO’s of every
    bailed-out bank and industry to the mix. Let them find out what it is to
    work for a living.

madtom says:

Frank Herbert’s Bene Gesserit. ‘Somedays, sometimes each hour brings change’. Hopey McChangetude will not be able to accomplish what he promises. As much as I hate it, this is gonna be fun. I said that same oath. The One thinks it was to him personally. He ain’t gonna be happy with the reality. ‘All stand for muster, instruction and inspection.’ Ready on the firing alley.

Indeed, Sire. Indeed fellow Rotts. This will be fixed. Through awareness and the vote, by blunt trauma, or by surgery. In surgery, there are two forms. Mass removal of an infested component, or by cellular level laser precision. If the military does not respond, the citizens will. The military can be cellular precise, should they choose. Intel, com, tactics. 30 minutes or less.

usmc8511 says:

…..against ALL enemies foreign and domestic. I said the same oath 36 years ago, still holds.

Right there with you, Misha! :em69:

Jerry says:

usmc8511 sez:

I said the same oath 36 years ago, still holds.

Almost 42years ago for me.

Had a surreal “discussion” with our news producer tonight. After I outlined all the reasons WHY The Chosen One should not be president, he accused me of “having a closed mind”.
    So, there you have it. We have closed minds for not accepting the Obamessiah as our president. :em98:

LC Guy S says:

I know this is going to stir up the pot more then a little I suspect … still I wonder. We have put up with better then eight years of Bush bashing (hell, we have done more then a bit of it ourselves … and rightly so) from the asshats/children/Marxists on the left.

Granted, there are questions yet unanswered (legitimately DJ) about his citizenship (all he has to do is produce a valid, certified, birth certificate to remedy same). And the list of his friends (and former friends) of questional background and or intent, is also of more then a little concern.

Still, and this is what caused me to pause a bit;

We are the adults. Shouldn’t we face the “fact” both the Legislative and Judicial Branches have (for what ever reasons) accepted Obama’s “credentials” for becoming President? And knowing nothing short of a political overthrough, the likes this country has never seen since it’s inception, happening in the next few days would be the only thing which would or could change that, isn’t going to happen. (the key here is “in the short term”)

That he did garner the majority of electoral votes. Yes, there was cheating, corruption, miscounting, re-counting, and non-counting of (Republican) votes. Was there any major electorally important state effected one way or the other? Plain and simple the snake oil salesman was a much better presenter then “our side”. (And Yes, the MSM and print media should all be taken out and shot for not honoring “the gentleman’s agreement” by which they were supposed to be our “watchdogs” against the body politic vice “lapdogs to Obama”. That may be their undoing as advertisers and subscribers falling off are causing them to crumble faster then Blagojevich’s impeachment legal defense….but I digress)

Finally, we all have more then once mentioned “the rule of law”. Should we not, all the above being equal, give this upstart the the “chance to fail”? (I have noted elsewhere, that I believe fail he will, spectacularly so) For if we want to win “the hearts and minds” I would think hard evidence is the best way to do so. And taking (or keeping if you will) the moral high ground of “rule of law” followed by applicable action(s) after he or by extension his administration fails, stands us in much higher stead.

He is “our president”. Wither he is able to legitimately keep that title, or not, is up to him. If his errors are great enough impeachment will be the least of his worries. For too many are, or will soon be at the ready, to bring this country back to it’s roots. Somehow I think the good Lord would be much more accommodating if we gave him “a little more lead” so to speak. And this would include future historians noting he was initially accepted as “our president”, as this new chapter begins.

Understand, I never said he STAYS “our president”.

Does anyone understand what I am trying to say? Or am I way off the mark here?

LCrightismightNY says:

When they come out with a bumpersticker that says “Not My President”, let me know. BTW, I heard that Hussain’s inauguration cost almost three times that of President Bush’s last one. I’m sure that the added cost was because of the expense of having biohazard crews clean up all of the ejaculant spewed from all of the MSM’s broadcast areas.
    I don’t know about you but if I was a serious journalist, I’d be fucking embarrassed beyond belief by the display of ass-licking and maturbatory mayhem perpetrated by these so-called journalists…

I owe him no loyalty, I owe him no allegiance and I owe him no respect

Damn straight! He’s not going to get one more ounce of respect from me than what the Libtards gave to President Bush. Which comes to precisely ZIP!

I will give no loyalty to a do-nothing underachieving Marxist who’s only political career accomplishment is voting Present.

Go ahead Jugears. No more of that bullshit. You wanted the job, so get off your lazy do-nothing ass and work it.

expatchris says:

I will not even listen to the Kenyan shit, he is a racist bastard, he was elected because of his skin colour not despite it, proving white Americans are largely non racist while a lot of black yanks are racist bigots and turncoats, as well as dumber than shit. I am from England (rest in peace) and even a limey like me knew the democrats are anti black, check history (be quick they will change it soon) this is an unholy nightmare, good luck guys!!

StillWater says:

A couple of bumpersticker ideas:

Hope in one hand…..

Yes We Can Oh No You Don’t! :em02:

The Obamarangutan is not my president. He is the president of Elmer Fudd, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Pancho Villa, and the millions of dead resting in Chicago, and Cleveland who voted for him.

I am now dwelling in internal emigration, with my country under hostile occupation.
    I have joined the Free Americans. And you can sod the Vichy Republicans too.

LC Wes, Imperial Mohel says:

Jughead can answer all the questions you want to ask him; he still won’t be MY President. Any notion I might have had to at least accord him the respect of the office went right out the window with the “Naa naa, hey hey, goodbye” crap and the cheap shots Obama took at President Bush during his inaugural speech and on his official White House website.

Fuck him. The End. :em96:

The only question I have is: Is this inauguration or coronation or deification – call it what you will – finally over yet?

LC Guy S says:

Back to the media again…does anyone remember if either Bush inaugurals (or any Republican back to and including Nixon) were covered as extensively as this one was? I am guessing the answer is no, but am curious just the same.

Liberal journalist answering question: “No, the media isn’t biased … why do you ask?”

glasshalfempty says:

I am definitely not a fan of Obama but I believe that LC Guy S has a good point. Give our new winner of the National Popularity Contest a chance to hang himself on his own. I don’t believe that he will make a good President, I don’t even think he will make a mediocre President, but the fact remains that he is our current, lawfully elected President. However much corruption, cover-ups, and media masturbation there was during the electoral process he is our new Commander-in-Chief.

As LC Guy S stated: We are the adults here. No amount of celebration, desecration of our nation’s ensign, or airhead proclamations of victory will change that. The population represented here on the Rott are a sampling of the strength that makes America great and good or bad we will be the ones standing in the end because we hold onto our country’s founding beliefs in freedom, individuality, individual productivity, and self-determination. No matter what horrific endeavors are proposed by the new administration the core of the American people, the folks in the heartlands, the people “clinging to religion and guns”, the people who work for every dollar they make may stay quiet, but we are vigilant.

Let Obama try to institute his socialist agenda. Let him propose to squander your tax dollars. Let him draw out more and more rope into his noose by proposing to “fix” the foundation of our Republic, the Constitution. Eventually this core of America will wake up and this administration will find it diffucult indeed to make any sort of progress when these folks decide that enough is enough and shake themselves out of their slumber to take action, be it political or otherwise.

They can have their panem et circenses all they want. Like all throughout history that have tried this approach, eventually it will collapse and we will have an unprecedented opportunity to renew America’s faith in itself. Meanwhile, those of us already awake must continue to slap the hands away that reach for the “snooze” button.

…I’m still stocking up on ammo, though…

Guy S, I hear you loud and clear my friend. And I agree. I also know however that, although he has won the popular and electoral vote (whether legally or not is subject for another debate), the oath that I first took 20 years ago DEMANDS that I pay full faith and allegiance to the Constitution. There is right now a very convincing argument that he is not a US citizen and therefore illegible, by the very same document I pledged fealty to, to be the President of the U.S.

Until he takes the simple step of releasing his original birth certificate, and unsealing his college transcripts, thereby removing any doubt as to his legal status as POTUS, then there exists enough bonafide doubt in my mind that the charges are true. His silence and recalcitrance on the issue are damning. Once he settles that, then he will be MY president, and I will assume the role of loyal opposition. Until then, the Gadsen or Navy Jack will fly from my staff, and our national colors will be secreted away until it can fly free and untarnished by the cloud of illegitimacy that hangs over the usurpers head.

crazylegs says:

So not to bitch but…..

when are all ya’ll gonna quit with the grief fest?

Really, mourning and sackcloth is unbecoming of this crowd. Even when we do have genuine reason to grieve.

Mourn for what was lost today, and then look forward. We have future battles to face. Today, we were the ones dissappointed. Tomorrow it will be someone else.

-Obama will be dissappointed when congress tell him to shut up and color. They’re not going to risk pissing off their voters, thier lobbiests, and thier precious reelection funds, just to make all his promises come true. For all thier talk, congress is bought. Lock, stock, and barrel.

-Congress will be dissappointed when they find thier pet POTUS isn’t the lovable huggable sockpuppet they thought he was. He’ll start mentioning hope and change, and they’ll either have to vote his way and explain to voters why bad things are happening (To save the environment, equal the playing field, and protect the proles from themselves) or they’ll have to explain to the proles why the D party is betraying the great messiah. (Because he’s trying to destroy commerce, enforce (Un)equality, and destroy their rights and freedoms.)

-The voters will get pissed off when bad things happen. The congress critters don’t play nice with thier messiah. The hopeychange doesn’t pay bills, or the mortgage bills for that matter.

LC Guy S @:
    Bu that logic, de Gaulle should have supported the legitimate Vichy French Government, headed by one of their most revered heroes of the previous war.
    And by the way, many a german could have, and did, make the same argument for supporting der Fuehrer, since he gained the Chancellorship legitimately, and had his Enabling Act passed legitimately by the Reichstag. As for popularity. Stalin was immensely popular with the survivors after 1938, and even moreso after 1945. Does that mean he should ahve been supported on his various purges?

Many of the cheering mob are there becuse the feel they must be, if they want to “be part of the system”.
    After giving his Secret Speech at the 20th Party Congress, Khrushchev opened himself for questions from the audience. The first question was a note passed from the audience. Nikita read it aloud “Where were you when this happened?” (He had been one of Stalin’s most enthusiastic and deadliest thugs) Khrushchev angrily called out “Who sent this note?” After a protracted silence, Khrushchev then answered…”That is exacly where we were then.” All apologies for Nikita are insufficient, but there remains the lesson of what happens when you accept illigitimate rule by a charismatic fanatic.

Remembering the events of the Bush inauguration … Has any one heard whether the remaining Bushies have pried all the Os out of the computer keyboards? has there been any trashing of the rooms and walls? :em01:
    And speaking of last minute pardons …. who many millions have theRamos and Compien paid to Bush for their pardons? :em12:

expatchris says:

Im glad someone mentioned those 2 charismatic non indigenous tyrants, at least Adolf only used a economic catastrophe to gain power, the democrittery engineered the bank crash, when this all goes to shit then decent conservatives really have to oust the lib-cons and get back to real conservative principles. The problem I see and saw in the UK is people are scared to be conservative, so the choice is a wishy-washy furtive, untrustworthy conservative/lib lookalike or a confident socialist?? Liberals I believe are not supposed to be socialist, not supposed to want a nanny state, can we not work with real liberals and offer a choice of real Lib, Concervative or the lying jokers we have now. There must be a large majority of non socialists who do not understand what is wrong.

LC Guy S says:

glasshalfempty @ #19

Thank you for grasping what I so clumsily was trying to say. And yes, stocking up on ammo and tools which use same is a very good idea.

Crunchie @ #20

As soon as he takes the simple step of releasing his original birth certificate, and unsealing his college transcripts, thereby removing any doubt as to his legal status as POTUS, then there exists enough bonafide doubt in my mind that the charges are true.

I would take your side on this one step further. Assuming the docs prove his illegality (and thus as Misha said, his usurping of the Presidency), it would by my (and your) sworn duty to remove him from office by any and all means possible. In fact being he is Commander in Chief would not a Courts Marshal or trial by military tribunal be optional vice “simple” impeachment, as he took said oath under fraudulent conditions?

LC Rurik @ #22

I think the difference here is I am NOT saying he should (by any of us) be followed “blindly”. Let’s leave that to his fawning masses yearning to be free. As I tried to say, I do not believe for a moment he will “keep” his status as “our president” … in fact I would be quite surprised if that lasts for more then a month at the very most. No, Hitler, Stalin, et al , if memory serves were elected by far more substantial majorities then the new POTUS. Also our history and culture (especially in the case of the Russians) are geared far more toward individualism and individual rights as being sacrosanct then theirs were (sadly, this too seems to be changing for the worse).

M167A1 says:

The American Crisis by Thomas Paine
    December 23, 1776

THESE are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Britain, with an army to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right (not only to TAX) but “to BIND us in ALL CASES WHATSOEVER” and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God.

Whether the independence of the continent was declared too soon, or delayed too long, I will not now enter into as an argument; my own simple opinion is, that had it been eight months earlier, it would have been much better. We did not make a proper use of last winter, neither could we, while we were in a dependent state. However, the fault, if it were one, was all our own [NOTE]; we have none to blame but ourselves. But no great deal is lost yet. All that Howe has been doing for this month past, is rather a ravage than a conquest, which the spirit of the Jerseys, a year ago, would have quickly repulsed, and which time and a little resolution will soon recover.

I have as little superstition in me as any man living, but my secret opinion has ever been, and still is, that God Almighty will not give up a people to military destruction, or leave them unsupportedly to perish, who have so earnestly and so repeatedly sought to avoid the calamities of war, by every decent method which wisdom could invent. Neither have I so much of the infidel in me, as to suppose that He has relinquished the government of the world, and given us up to the care of devils; and as I do not, I cannot see on what grounds the king of Britain can look up to heaven for help against us: a common murderer, a highwayman, or a house-breaker, has as good a pretence as he.

‘Tis surprising to see how rapidly a panic will sometimes run through a country. All nations and ages have been subject to them. Britain has trembled like an ague at the report of a French fleet of flat-bottomed boats; and in the fourteenth [fifteenth] century the whole English army, after ravaging the kingdom of France, was driven back like men petrified with fear; and this brave exploit was performed by a few broken forces collected and headed by a woman, Joan of Arc. Would that heaven might inspire some Jersey maid to spirit up her countrymen, and save her fair fellow sufferers from ravage and ravishment! Yet panics, in some cases, have their uses; they produce as much good as hurt. Their duration is always short; the mind soon grows through them, and acquires a firmer habit than before. But their peculiar advantage is, that they are the touchstones of sincerity and hypocrisy, and bring things and men to light, which might otherwise have lain forever undiscovered. In fact, they have the same effect on secret traitors, which an imaginary apparition would have upon a private murderer. They sift out the hidden thoughts of man, and hold them up in public to the world. Many a disguised Tory has lately shown his head, that shall penitentially solemnize with curses the day on which Howe arrived upon the Delaware.

As I was with the troops at Fort Lee, and marched with them to the edge of Pennsylvania, I am well acquainted with many circumstances, which those who live at a distance know but little or nothing of. Our situation there was exceedingly cramped, the place being a narrow neck of land between the North River and the Hackensack. Our force was inconsiderable, being not one-fourth so great as Howe could bring against us. We had no army at hand to have relieved the garrison, had we shut ourselves up and stood on our defence. Our ammunition, light artillery, and the best part of our stores, had been removed, on the apprehension that Howe would endeavor to penetrate the Jerseys, in which case Fort Lee could be of no use to us; for it must occur to every thinking man, whether in the army or not, that these kind of field forts are only for temporary purposes, and last in use no longer than the enemy directs his force against the particular object which such forts are raised to defend. Such was our situation and condition at Fort Lee on the morning of the 20th of November, when an officer arrived with information that the enemy with 200 boats had landed about seven miles above; Major General [Nathaniel] Green, who commanded the garrison, immediately ordered them under arms, and sent express to General Washington at the town of Hackensack, distant by the way of the ferry = six miles. Our first object was to secure the bridge over the Hackensack, which laid up the river between the enemy and us, about six miles from us, and three from them. General Washington arrived in about three-quarters of an hour, and marched at the head of the troops towards the bridge, which place I expected we should have a brush for; however, they did not choose to dispute it with us, and the greatest part of our troops went over the bridge, the rest over the ferry, except some which passed at a mill on a small creek, between the bridge and the ferry, and made their way through some marshy grounds up to the town of Hackensack, and there passed the river. We brought off as much baggage as the wagons could contain, the rest was lost. The simple object was to bring off the garrison, and march them on till they could be strengthened by the Jersey or Pennsylvania militia, so as to be enabled to make a stand. We staid four days at Newark, collected our out-posts with some of the Jersey militia, and marched out twice to meet the enemy, on being informed that they were advancing, though our numbers were greatly inferior to theirs. Howe, in my little opinion, committed a great error in generalship in not throwing a body of forces off from Staten Island through Amboy, by which means he might have seized all our stores at Brunswick, and intercepted our march into Pennsylvania; but if we believe the power of hell to be limited, we must likewise believe that their agents are under some providential control.

I shall not now attempt to give all the particulars of our retreat to the Delaware; suffice it for the present to say, that both officers and men, though greatly harassed and fatigued, frequently without rest, covering, or provision, the inevitable consequences of a long retreat, bore it with a manly and martial spirit. All their wishes centred in one, which was, that the country would turn out and help them to drive the enemy back. Voltaire has remarked that King William never appeared to full advantage but in difficulties and in action; the same remark may be made on General Washington, for the character fits him. There is a natural firmness in some minds which cannot be unlocked by trifles, but which, when unlocked, discovers a cabinet of fortitude; and I reckon it among those kind of public blessings, which we do not immediately see, that God hath blessed him with uninterrupted health, and given him a mind that can even flourish upon care.

I shall conclude this paper with some miscellaneous remarks on the state of our affairs; and shall begin with asking the following question, Why is it that the enemy have left the New England provinces, and made these middle ones the seat of war? The answer is easy: New England is not infested with Tories, and we are. I have been tender in raising the cry against these men, and used numberless arguments to show them their danger, but it will not do to sacrifice a world either to their folly or their baseness. The period is now arrived, in which either they or we must change our sentiments, or one or both must fall. And what is a Tory? Good God! What is he? I should not be afraid to go with a hundred Whigs against a thousand Tories, were they to attempt to get into arms. Every Tory is a coward; for servile, slavish, self-interested fear is the foundation of Toryism; and a man under such influence, though he may be cruel, never can be brave.

But, before the line of irrecoverable separation be drawn between us, let us reason the matter together: Your conduct is an invitation to the enemy, yet not one in a thousand of you has heart enough to join him. Howe is as much deceived by you as the American cause is injured by you. He expects you will all take up arms, and flock to his standard, with muskets on your shoulders. Your opinions are of no use to him, unless you support him personally, for ’tis soldiers, and not Tories, that he wants.

I once felt all that kind of anger, which a man ought to feel, against the mean principles that are held by the Tories: a noted one, who kept a tavern at Amboy, was standing at his door, with as pretty a child in his hand, about eight or nine years old, as I ever saw, and after speaking his mind as freely as he thought was prudent, finished with this unfatherly expression, “Well! give me peace in my day.” Not a man lives on the continent but fully believes that a separation must some time or other finally take place, and a generous parent should have said, “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace;” and this single reflection, well applied, is sufficient to awaken every man to duty. Not a place upon earth might be so happy as America. Her situation is remote from all the wrangling world, and she has nothing to do but to trade with them. A man can distinguish himself between temper and principle, and I am as confident, as I am that God governs the world, that America will never be happy till she gets clear of foreign dominion. Wars, without ceasing, will break out till that period arrives, and the continent must in the end be conqueror; for though the flame of liberty may sometimes cease to shine, the coal can never expire.

America did not, nor does not want force; but she wanted a proper application of that force. Wisdom is not the purchase of a day, and it is no wonder that we should err at the first setting off. From an excess of tenderness, we were unwilling to raise an army, and trusted our cause to the temporary defence of a well-meaning militia. A summer’s experience has now taught us better; yet with those troops, while they were collected, we were able to set bounds to the progress of the enemy, and, thank God! they are again assembling. I always considered militia as the best troops in the world for a sudden exertion, but they will not do for a long campaign. Howe, it is probable, will make an attempt on this city [Philadelphia]; should he fail on this side the Delaware, he is ruined. If he succeeds, our cause is not ruined. He stakes all on his side against a part on ours; admitting he succeeds, the consequence will be, that armies from both ends of the continent will march to assist their suffering friends in the middle states; for he cannot go everywhere, it is impossible. I consider Howe as the greatest enemy the Tories have; he is bringing a war into their country, which, had it not been for him and partly for themselves, they had been clear of. Should he now be expelled, I wish with all the devotion of a Christian, that the names of Whig and Tory may never more be mentioned; but should the Tories give him encouragement to come, or assistance if he come, I as sincerely wish that our next year’s arms may expel them from the continent, and the Congress appropriate their possessions to the relief of those who have suffered in well-doing. A single successful battle next year will settle the whole. America could carry on a two years’ war by the confiscation of the property of disaffected persons, and be made happy by their expulsion. Say not that this is revenge, call it rather the soft resentment of a suffering people, who, having no object in view but the good of all, have staked their own all upon a seemingly doubtful event. Yet it is folly to argue against determined hardness; eloquence may strike the ear, and the language of sorrow draw forth the tear of compassion, but nothing can reach the heart that is steeled with prejudice.

Quitting this class of men, I turn with the warm ardor of a friend to those who have nobly stood, and are yet determined to stand the matter out: I call not upon a few, but upon all: not on this state or that state, but on every state: up and help us; lay your shoulders to the wheel; better have too much force than too little, when so great an object is at stake. Let it be told to the future world, that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive, that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet and to repulse it. Say not that thousands are gone, turn out your tens of thousands; throw not the burden of the day upon Providence, but “show your faith by your works,” that God may bless you. It matters not where you live, or what rank of life you hold, the evil or the blessing will reach you all. The far and the near, the home counties and the back, the rich and the poor, will suffer or rejoice alike. The heart that feels not now is dead; the blood of his children will curse his cowardice, who shrinks back at a time when a little might have saved the whole, and made them happy. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. My own line of reasoning is to myself as straight and clear as a ray of light. Not all the treasures of the world, so far as I believe, could have induced me to support an offensive war, for I think it murder; but if a thief breaks into my house, burns and destroys my property, and kills or threatens to kill me, or those that are in it, and to “bind me in all cases whatsoever” to his absolute will, am I to suffer it? What signifies it to me, whether he who does it is a king or a common man; my countryman or not my countryman; whether it be done by an individual villain, or an army of them? If we reason to the root of things we shall find no difference; neither can any just cause be assigned why we should punish in the one case and pardon in the other. Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America.

There are cases which cannot be overdone by language, and this is one. There are persons, too, who see not the full extent of the evil which threatens them; they solace themselves with hopes that the enemy, if he succeed, will be merciful. It is the madness of folly, to expect mercy from those who have refused to do justice; and even mercy, where conquest is the object, is only a trick of war; the cunning of the fox is as murderous as the violence of the wolf, and we ought to guard equally against both. Howe’s first object is, partly by threats and partly by promises, to terrify or seduce the people to deliver up their arms and receive mercy. The ministry recommended the same plan to Gage, and this is what the tories call making their peace, “a peace which passeth all understanding” indeed! A peace which would be the immediate forerunner of a worse ruin than any we have yet thought of. Ye men of Pennsylvania, do reason upon these things! Were the back counties to give up their arms, they would fall an easy prey to the Indians, who are all armed: this perhaps is what some Tories would not be sorry for. Were the home counties to deliver up their arms, they would be exposed to the resentment of the back counties who would then have it in their power to chastise their defection at pleasure. And were any one state to give up its arms, that state must be garrisoned by all Howe’s army of Britons and Hessians to preserve it from the anger of the rest. Mutual fear is the principal link in the chain of mutual love, and woe be to that state that breaks the compact. Howe is mercifully inviting you to barbarous destruction, and men must be either rogues or fools that will not see it. I dwell not upon the vapors of imagination; I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as A, B, C, hold up truth to your eyes.

I thank God, that I fear not. I see no real cause for fear. I know our situation well, and can see the way out of it. While our army was collected, Howe dared not risk a battle; and it is no credit to him that he decamped from the White Plains, and waited a mean opportunity to ravage the defenceless Jerseys; but it is great credit to us, that, with a handful of men, we sustained an orderly retreat for near an hundred miles, brought off our ammunition, all our field pieces, the greatest part of our stores, and had four rivers to pass. None can say that our retreat was precipitate, for we were near three weeks in performing it, that the country might have time to come in. Twice we marched back to meet the enemy, and remained out till dark. The sign of fear was not seen in our camp, and had not some of the cowardly and disaffected inhabitants spread false alarms through the country, the Jerseys had never been ravaged. Once more we are again collected and collecting; our new army at both ends of the continent is recruiting fast, and we shall be able to open the next campaign with sixty thousand men, well armed and clothed. This is our situation, and who will may know it. By perseverance and fortitude we have the prospect of a glorious issue; by cowardice and submission, the sad choice of a variety of evils — a ravaged country — a depopulated city — habitations without safety, and slavery without hope — our homes turned into barracks and bawdy-houses for Hessians, and a future race to provide for, whose fathers we shall doubt of. Look on this picture and weep over it! and if there yet remains one thoughtless wretch who believes it not, let him suffer it unlamented.

December 23, 1776

usmc8511 @ 8: For life.
    Jerry @ 10: 35.
    LC Guy S sez:

No. Not if they are not valid.
    LC Guy S sez:

finally, we all have more then once mentioned “the rule of law”.

Exactly.
    LC Guy S sez:

Not if he’s not legally authorized to be there in the first place. Said it yourself, right here:
    LC Guy S sez:

StillWater sez:

A couple of bumpersticker ideas:
    Hope in one hand…..
    Yes We Can Oh No You Don’t!

Oooo! I like those!
    LC Rurik @ 16: Oo-fuckin’-RAH!
    LC 0311 crunchie I.M.H. @ 20: Oo-fuckin’- RAH even louder Crunchie.

MrSpkr says:

I have to agree with Guy S. I don’t support Obama. I didn’t vote for him, and I doubt that he and I will agree on many policies.

I also recognize that some folks take issue with his eligibility for the office. This has been addressed in court, and the argument rejected. Sorry, but for me, that ends that issue. Mr. Obama is the President.

Now, to those who would say otherwise, I would suggest that we remember the derision we POURED upon those poor benighted lefty lunatics who screamed that George W. Bush “stole” the Presidency in the Florida election. The only thing their outrageous arguments and conspiracy theories achieved was to bring even more ridicule upon their heads. All their claims accomplished was to undermine any legitimate policy disputes they might have had with Bush.

Now, were new evidence to emerge indicating that Mr. Obama was constitutionally ineligible for office, I would be happy to entertain it. What we have hear, however, is insufficient.

We are American patriots. Let us not undermine our legitimate policy disagreements with the liberals by giving them an easy way to paint us as unhinged lunatics.

anthsco says:

As I told my sister today, I am loyal to the REPUBLIC and not to the current holder of the office of president, whomever that might be. My oath was and is to the people and the Constitution. All of you have expressed my feelings far better than I can.

Thanks.

LC Guy S says:

LC cmblake6 @ #27

I am trying to say we should (for the very short term) take the high road … at this point it cost us nothing. And should be noted this is NOT done to appease the left. But (due to lack of real evidence) is according to our rule of law, the right thing to do.

If I had any thing approaching hard evidence on the man or new how to get to same, I or anyone else would be morally bound to do any and everything in our power to bring this man down. And it would go without saying he would not be our president.

And please understand, I do not and never have liked the man. I find his politics personally appalling the same applies to his (lack of) character. Needless to say I did not vote (or even entertain the thought of voting) for the man. Mrs. Palin got my vote. (and will again, should she elect to run)

I am trying to say we should (for the very short term) take the high road

For once Guy I have to adamantly disagree. It was from taking that damn high road that got us in this mess in the first place. A Republican Congress that shits it’s pants every time a Liberal yells BOO. Afraid to fight. Insisting on reaching across the isle only to get kicked in the ass. An empty RINO candidate that had no intention of fighting for the office. Instead he sat back and not only handed Obamatron the election, but allowed a good woman and her family to be trounced and smeared in the worst way possible, and didn’t have the damn balls to stand up for her.

Screw the High Road. I’m ready and willing to fight dirty, since THAT is the ONLY thing Liberals understand.

LC Guy S says:

On a side note, perhaps ya’ll would like to say “Thanks” to this man. There may have been a number of things he missed the mark on , but defending his country (and by extension, us) was not one of them.

JannyMae says:

Okay, I avoided this inauguration/coronation bullshit all day long, but I logged onto Yahoo to get my email and this is just too freakin’ much!

Obama takes power, urges unity vs. ‘raging storms’

Mister Obama, you can take your unity and shove it up your ass sidewaysl I am bound and determined to treat you exactly the way you and your ilk treated President George W. Bush for the last 8 years.

I will never be united with you in destroying our economy based on junk science.

I will never be united with you in extolling the virtues of a “reverence for life,” while you openly advocate not “punishing your daughters” with a baby.

I will never be united with you in allowing young girls to get abortions without parental consent. I will never be united with you in leaving babies who survive abortions to die.

I will never be united with you in imposing the fairness doctrine so that you can silence what few CRITICS you have who now have a voice.

I will never be united with you in seizing all of my health care options and decisions and handing them over to government bureaucrats who will see to it that NOBODY gets quality health care.

I will never be united with you in “negotiating” with terrorists who have openly vowed to destry me and my way of life.

I will fight you every step of the way on every one of these and any other proposals you have that I disagree with. Every. Single. One. And I will not be the only one fighting you.

Carry on.

JannyMae says:

LC Mrs. M-ITT™-Imperial Sniper sez:

I am trying to say we should (for the very short term) take the high road

Amen, sister! I couldn’t have said it better myself.

LC Guy S @:

I understand your good intentions. But highroadism is the path which led to this deplorable mess in the first place. From the kinder and gentler blunder that gave us the Clinton mob. To the new tone of compassionate conservatism which spent its time betraying the sheep for freindship with the wolves – virtually from the first day on the job. To the nutless, limp-dicked McCainiac pretense of a campaign. Highroading is how Charlie Brown tries to play football with Lucy. In any engagement, the aggressor sets the terms of confict. Neither Churchill nor Roosevelt were highroaders. It used to be sneered that the British army alwlays better loved a glorious defeat than a victory.
    I’m an old fucker, sand dribbling out my ass. It would be so much safer and easier if I were to just fucking go with the flow and let the Obamarangutan have his way while I live out my days in modest comort – or possibly even more with the Obamadole. But I believe we have had the least bad government yet devised and I will not be a party to betraying my oath to defend it. And highroadism is a proven path to perdition.

LCJackboot says:

LC Rurik-

Bravo Sir and very concisely put. :em69:

LC SleepTech: Remnant SheepDog says:

Today an unavoidable task has been set before us.
    The incontrovertable truth is that we MUST FIGHT!!
    The odds of us winning are nearly insurmountable.
    Truthfully, we must not and cannot LOSE this fight!!
    To quote a great man of his time as he would be in ours,

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LC Wes, Imperial Mohel sez:

Wes,

This doesn’t surprise me one bit. When Bush gave his farewell address, Obama and his angry black wife were on their way to a VERY expensive restaurant, instead of attending Bush’s speech.

I wonder how many of the ‘po blacks could have been fed for what the anointed one and his wife spent on dinner.

The Bushes had class; I’ve yet to see ANY from the new tenants.

LC Guy S says:

Damn, all this discourse back and forth … needs to be done face to face with beer to quench ones thirst.

LC Rurik

What does it cost us to acknowledge his title, if at the end of the day (figuratively speaking) we are NOT appeasing him, rather we are broadsiding the bastard with shot made from his own follies? (Which, owing to the mans hubris and arrogance, should come to pass in very short order.) Would that not be significantly better then “Compassionate Conservatism” (it is to laugh) or bi-partisanship (with the asshats across the aisle sticking the long knifes in at every opportunity).

What Mrs. M & Rurik said.

Fuck the high road. We gave the Demoscum “high road” for four years of GHWB and for eight years of W. Look what it got us.

It is my intention to show every bit as much respect towards the usurper that the Donktards showed both President Bushes – which is to say, not one damned bit. I never referred to W’s predecessor as “President”, opting instead to tag him as “Kaiser Wilhelm von Slickmeister” or Der Kaiser for short. In like fashion, B. Hussein Obama has earned the title of the Ayatollah Obambi for however long he and the neo-Sharia Al-Obambi excuse-for-a-government remains in office. (And you may feel free to steal those terms, if you wish.)

With all due respect, Guy S. – To Hell™ with the “high road”.

LC Guy S sez:

What does it cost us to acknowledge his title,

EVERYTHING, if it be invalid.

LC BogVojnyj says:

Agreed with Mrs. M-ITT…the GOP needs to find their fucking testicles, and fast. But…we shouldn’t spout absurd conspiracy theory stuff like the Obama birth certificate. We can and should get him on his socialistic and anti-US/anti-Constitution friends and statements. Let’s expose ACORN for the thugs that they are and call out the red scum on their errors and then some, just like they tried to do with Dubya.

LC BogVojnyj @ 43: I don’t care WHAT it takes.

LC Guy S says:

cmblake6

EVERYTHING, if it be invalid.

If it is invalid (and I strongly suspect it is) , then the issue is brought to a right and proper head. And he is removed or this country has no choice but to rise up and do our constitutional duty and remove him and his followers and the rest of the pond scum as well.

So, how do we go about *collecting* legitimate hard evidence against the man?

LC Guy S sez:

Iced tea for me please…..the Long Island kind. :em03:

People. I hate to sound like Deej here, but let’s all step back and take a deep breath. Obama is the President. That’s a fact. After eight years of watching the derision thrown at President Bush, I refuse to be a party to the same type of behavior.

If I ran into Obama tomorrow, I would address him as Mr. President. The office that he now holds deserves as much. Besides, let’s look at how Obama has acted so far. He spoke kindly of President Bush today, and thanked him for both his service to the country, and his kindness and cooperation in making the transfer of power a smooth one. Behind the scenes, he has slapped down Nancy Pelosi and her idiotic talk of arresting Bush for war crimes. If anything, he has been nothing short of “presidential.”

The election of Barack Obama is a milestone for this country. In 45 years, or just one generation, we have gone from a nation where Black Americans were routinely lynched in broad daylight, to a nation where a Black American is President. Too many people here dismiss just what that means to millions of Americans. To many, America has finally reached the finish line when it comes to race and civil rights.

Don’t get me wrong. I will fight President Obama’s socialist agenda at every turn. I will write, and organize and try to convince as many as I can that his way is the wrong way. Above all, I will fight for candidates in the Republican party who believe in the type of limited government envisioned by the founding fathers.

What I won’t do, however, is engage in the type of hostile, deranged, kool-aid-drinking behavior that was the hallmark of places like Democratic Underground. I am better than that. We are better than that.

We have lots of work to do. Let’s quit crying about the state of the union, roll up our sleeves, and get to work.

LC Guy S sez:

Guy, thanks for that. I left a note for him. It’s funny, sorta…on Sept. 11, our base was locked up tight; no planes were in the air except for Air Force One and some jet fighters. I knew Bush was here at Offutt, and just knowing that he was here, and that our military was on full alert helped allay most of my fears.

Having him at the helm during those difficult first few days was comforting indeed, and knowing we had such an ally as Tony Blair (what phenomenal speeches he, Bush, and Rudy gave!) helped me sleep better at night.

At least, for now, our military is still here to do what needs to be done.

LC Beaker, Imperial Photogapher sez:

It is not “the color of his skin, but the content of his character”. The milestone reached was that of how high affirmative action will reach. Sorry Beaker, that’s a ‘FAIL’!

LC Beaker, Imperial Photogapher sez:

Beaker,
    I think his election would be more impressive had he been elected in spite of his blackness, not because of it.

And I disagree with you on the race and civil rights part. I think it will get worse from here. I think any criticism, any disagreement, will be met with cries of racism.